Need some help please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sibi

Reaction score
Need some help. My parents 50th wedding anniversary is coming up and I've agreed to make soaps as a party favor for the event. It is their "Golden" anniversary so I was thinking of making white soap with golden flecks in it. Is there any such type of golden flecks sold anywhere for use in soap? Also, I would like to write their names on the soap with gold paint....where can I get some of that?

Sibi -

I saw an article about using micas to paint on soap. I think the person just mixed the micas in oil. I'll look for the article and let you know.

TKB makes their 24 carat gold mica, but I don't know that it would give you the look you want; I doubt it would come out as flecks. What if you made a heavily colored 24 karat gold soap and then used shavings in another batch, like confetti soap?

newbie said:
TKB makes their 24 carat gold mica, but I don't know that it would give you the look you want; I doubt it would come out as flecks. What if you made a heavily colored 24 karat gold soap and then used shavings in another batch, like confetti soap?

That's what I would try, newbie.

Or sibi, if you used a cavity mold with a decoration you could do a dusting of the 24 c gold mica and it would make the design pop.

Something like this...
http://thesoapking.blogspot.com/2010/11 ... thyme.html

Here are some backup ideas, I don't know if this will help! Taking from what others said and mixing them together. Maybe you can make one of these work for you.

using gold mica:

Making gold balls like with the BB ice cube ball mold and serving as favors in a bag

Embedding the gold balls or gold circles (rods) in white loaf soap

Embedding a "5" and "0" gold soap into a white loaf (so it would look like a white soap with "50" embedded in the middle)

Doing a gold mica swirl in a regular white loaf soap and dusting the tops with gold mica

A plain white bar of soap with the top dusted with gold mica and their names painted in gold mica (like what Hazel said)

And maybe have a pretty 50th anniversary label on them like "Happy 50th Anniversary Jim and Sue" (I don't know their names lol... you get it)

anyway ... good luck!!!

tasha said:
Here are some backup ideas, I don't know if this will help! Taking from what others said and mixing them together. Maybe you can make one of these work for you.

using gold mica:

Making gold balls like with the BB ice cube ball mold and serving as favors in a bag

Embedding the gold balls or gold circles (rods) in white loaf soap

Embedding a "5" and "0" gold soap into a white loaf (so it would look like a white soap with "50" embedded in the middle)

Doing a gold mica swirl in a regular white loaf soap and dusting the tops with gold mica

A plain white bar of soap with the top dusted with gold mica and their names painted in gold mica (like what Hazel said)

And maybe have a pretty 50th anniversary label on them like "Happy 50th Anniversary Jim and Sue" (I don't know their names lol... you get it)

anyway ... good luck!!!

Great ideas! Especially the balls. That would be pretty. Even a white soap with white balls coated in gold mica.

Won't it get messy if the ball is coated with mica and someone picks it up? What about using clear MP with the mica inside instead?

I think I will try Newbies idea first. :D Thanks! I'll make an m&p gold soap (just to make it easier for me since I have to make 40 bars and I'm a hobbyist not a seller). Make it into shavings and use those shavings in a white CP soap. My mother's favorite scent is Pleasures by Estee Lauder and I happen to have that one soooo..... that's what I'm going to use for the fragrance. I think that'll be the easiest way for me to do it. Then I'll use the gold mica, add glycerin to it and paint on the finished soap. I always hope for one thing in my head and it always comes out different so lets see what happens and I'll throw everyone's wonderful ideas around in my head. Thanks for all the suggestions you guys, you all rock! I knew I'd get some great advise here! I'll keep you all posted on what happens.

Latest posts

Back