White Spots ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prerna

Reaction score
2.jpg
Hi, I'm a newbie in the world of soap making and I; 'm noticing there are some tiny little white spots all around my soap. Please, need to understand how and why this happened and how can this be avoided in the future. I'll be grateful if anyone can guide me here. Thanks

Hi, could be.....
Excess/undisolved lye? Check you numbers. Have you zap test yet?
Stearic spots? What temps you working at? Maybe soap a little warmer?
Ingredients? What is in it?
How thick a trace did you pour at?

It could be many things. But these seem to be, the most common. My guess is temps and trace. Please let us know how you make out.

Also, if they are little raised spots, they might be from cutting with a wire cutter.

My advice: start a brand new thread of your own. Include all the relevant information: recipe, methods, times, temps, as much info as possible. That will be the best way to get help.

The fastest way to get info would be to do a search on the forum for "white spots." 🔍

I think you have a few things going on. If you look closely at the red circled spots you can see drag marks underneath - these look like titanium dioxide. The blue circled spots look like stearic spots or unmelted hard oils or butters. Or, sometimes fragrances that cause ricing can make soap look like this.
IMG_9073.jpeg

Latest posts

Back