My Soap Making Adventures (February)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyRogers

Reaction score
Hubby and his friends have decided that they really like my soaps, so I've been scrambling to get some manly and gender neutral soaps made to restock. I never thought my biggest soap fans would be men.

Anyhoo, this first one is NG Blue Sugar with NG Vanilla Stabilizer. I've decided to keep the manly soap simple because they don't seem to like textured tops (boo boring men :lol: )

This is NG Australian Bamboo Grass. Wonderful clean scent. Both sexes would probably like it.

NG Paradise Reef. It's a lot more fruity than I expected. Not sure I like the FO much. We'll see what the men think.

And then, the beer soap. This is Bert's Redwood & Cedar. I love this FO. Very woodsy and it works well with the scent from the beer.

Another beer soap with a blend of EOs. I used Lime, Lemon, Litsea, Sage, Rosemary, Patch and Anise. I like the blend and it compliments the beer scent also.

And a couple of girly soaps with fun tops because I wanted to play. The first is Peak's White Lily & Amber with a textured top and the second is Bert's Lemon Biscotti Pie with NG Vanilla Stabilizer (at first I thought the VS wouldn't work because it was dark tan when I poured, then it went hot pink! What in the world would you do with hot pink lemon soap? But it all faded and turned out to be almost what I was hoping for) and a ploopy top. I used cream as part of the liquid in these. Can't wait to try them.

Your soaps are awesome, Nancy. I loved your swap soaps, they are some of the best I've tried. We just finished up the Halloween bar a couple of nights ago! Loved it!

All of these are so pretty! I love the look of the Australian Bamboo Grass and the Lemon Biscotti Pie. I bet they smell great.

men's soaps

The bamboo is my fave, but I lean toward the paradise reef as well. It's nice to move away from fruity and flowery every now and then. Great job on all of them. Love that "ploopy" word :lol:

Oh very nice lookin soaps. I made a shampoo bar for my man last night and he complained about the "fancy" top as well. I really like the lemon biscotti.

I have to make some manly soaps as well and dh doesn't like the gloppy tops either. Plain and simple seems to be the way to go.

Relle.

I think they look great, even without the 'fancy' tops! pftt.. men. next time I'll just run over the soap a bit to give it that manly tire-tread look...

Latest posts

Back