My First Soaping Experience

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tank7900

Reaction score
Hello all!!!

I finally made the leap a few weeks ago, and made my first batch of soap. I made a fabulous liquid soap of Olive, cocnut, and castor oils. I am so happy with the results. The soap turned out crystal clear, and a wonderful golden color. The success has gotten me addicted, as today I have made my first CP bar soap and a batch of 100% coconut oil liquid soap. I did take a few pictures of the finished product. Thank you all so very much for all of the information, guidance, and suggestions that you have given me. You all are the greatest!!!

WHAT? How did you do that? I tried my hand at liquid soap twice and the first time at was all cloudy and the second time it was semi-clear, but with white foam or something on top. Your soap looks amazing....share some tips pretty please....... :?

Thank you, it must have been beginers luck. Here is the recipe I used:

40% olive oil (19.2oz)
40% coconut oil (19.2oz)
20% castor oil (9.6oz)
11.65oz KOH
38.4oz distilled water

I mixed the lye solution and the oils at 130 degrees F

Stick blended until the mixture formed a paste (about 30 min)

Cooked the paste in a 250 degree oven (stirring about every 30-45 min) for about 4 hours. At that point the paste was very translucent. I probably could have dilluted earlier, but from what I have read, the longer you cook the clearer your soap will be.

The I diluted with 3oz of borax and 86oz of distilled water.

That resulted in a very pleasing liquid soap. I have separated the batch into several smaller ones to test out different scents. I have had no cloudiness as of yet with any of the EO's or FO's I have used.

This soap is now at every sink in the home, and everyone has complimented on the conditioning and lather. My go to liquid soap. Hope this helps. I am quite new to all this, but will help whenever I can, and am looking forward to exchanging ideas.

You know what I will be doing tonight....making liquid soap again....I hope it works out this time. I noticed taht you added borax. I did not add that the last time and I was making mine in crock pot.
Wish me luck!

Good Luck!!! dont forget Cook Cook Cook, and then when you think you have cooked the paste enough, cook some more...I made a batch of CO liquid laundry soap last night, and it turned out just as good as the first batch.

Here are some of my second batch done over the weekend. It is a 100% CO liquid soap for luandry or house hold use. Happy Soaping!!!

Tank

WOW, that paste looks good Dubnica! Maybe it will clear out once it stands and settles for a day or so.

I am much happier today :D My soap is clear! it is not white as you can see but its not cloudy. I like it. I used rosemary mint FO in that pump bottle, rest is not scented yet. I can't decide what scents to use....plus I need more bottles now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can use foamer bottle with this soap or do I have to do something different?

:D :D :D Very nice Dubnica!!! The soap looks wonderful; I could tell by the paste that the soap would clear up. Terrific job!!! :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back