My first felted soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaitriBB

Reaction score
I made six felted soaps this week, some bars with a White Witch fragrance (patchouli, frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, vanilla, musk, and a tiny bit of rose) that overheated slightly so were ugly as sin, but they are adorable when felted.

felted3-300x225.jpg

felted2-300x225.jpg

felted1-300x225.jpg

Three of them were done via the wet felting method and three (the striped one in the first picture, and both in the 3rd picture) were done with just a felting tool. I much prefer the latter method - less mess and I can do it while watching TV :D

Going to ask $7/each at the farmer's market tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Thats great! I tried the wet felting method and didn't do so well at it. But I do have a felting tool and would love to try it that way. Did you just wing it or did you have a tutorial/instructions you followed for the dry method?

I just winged it :) I just stretched a bit of wool over the soap and fastened it loosely with the felting tool, then added pieces until the soap was covered, then went over the entire bar with the tool at that point.

I just winged it :) I just stretched a bit of wool over the soap and fastened it loosely with the felting tool, then added pieces until the soap was covered, then went over the entire bar with the tool at that point.

Thanks! I can totally wing it! I do that quite often, LOL. After all you don't know unless you try. I think I will like this method a lot better.

Latest posts

Back