March 2019 SMF Challenge - Felted Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVED your rock soaps, Marnie!!! (and voted for them) Not a fail at all, dear.
Thank you! The ones I've been felting are not the same ones I entered into last month's challenge :D Funny side story, my soapy rocks have fooled my 6 year old autistic son. He loves throwing rocks in water and keeps throwing any of my soapy rocks into our toilet and flushing them. I've lost 5 so far...

Amy, your Pikachu felted soap is a great use of felting soap to encourage child bathing. Great job describing your process, and a lovely piece. I am sure your daughter is loving it! Sorry about your bloody fingers. Those felting needles sure are sharp, aren't they?

Pikachu was my granddaughter's favorite Pokeman for awhile, too. But alas, she has outgrown that as well as so many other childhood things. They grow up so fast. We were reminiscing recently and it was so funny to hear her talk about stuff from her 'childhood' as if they were so long ago when in fact some were as recent as a year ago!

1. zanzalawi - cant wait to try it!
2. MarnieSoapien - time to make some fuzzy soap!
3. Amy78130
4. Clarice - gonna try try try!
5. Cerelife
6.SunRiseArts
7. Primrose

I don't have time to do this challenge but I LOVE making felted soaps! Here is a black widow spider, a beach scene and some plain soaps I did a while back :)

IMG_1010.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG
IMG_1041.JPG

Wow, Terri, I love your beach scene and the spider, too, although I am not particularly fond of black widows so it might be too freaky for me on a personal level.

We went to the Figge Museum today to see the Tiffany collection and I was hoping to get some inspiration for a felted soap from the collection. Too much inspiration, in fact. I will have to give this a bit of thought, as there were so many lovely pieces! My mom would have loved it. She always wanted a Tiffany lamp. She made do with a replica. Today I wondered what happened to it, but since my Dad is also gone, I doubt anyone else in the family would know.

Wow, Terri, I love your beach scene and the spider, too, although I am not particularly fond of black widows so it might be too freaky for me on a personal level.

We went to the Figge Museum today to see the Tiffany collection and I was hoping to get some inspiration for a felted soap from the collection. Too much inspiration, in fact. I will have to give this a bit of thought, as there were so many lovely pieces! My mom would have loved it. She always wanted a Tiffany lamp. She made do with a replica. Today I wondered what happened to it, but since my Dad is also gone, I doubt anyone else in the family would know.

Thanks Earlene! I am not a fan of spiders either but someone that saw the beach scene told me that the palm tree looked like a spider so I thought I would do a spider just for fun to show them what a real spider looks like, lol! I also love Tiffany lamps and would love to have one. That is a great idea for inspiration, can't wait to see what you design :)

I had a go at this last night, and will finish it off tonight, hopefully posting my entry tomorrow at some point between flying from Perth to Brisbane LOL

I had a go at this last night, and will finish it off tonight, hopefully posting my entry tomorrow at some point between flying from Perth to Brisbane LOL

Primrose, I love your travel soaps of Flags around the world. Brilliant idea! Super cool. I will have to give that a try myself. I agree the needle felting will make faster work of the intricate flags, but you did a great job free-hand.

Thank you Earlene! Great timing too as I'm in Brisbane for the weekend, so I threw Iceland in my suitcase to give it a try :)

I will definitely have a go at learning needle felting for some more flags :)

I don't have time to do this challenge but I LOVE making felted soaps! Here is a black widow spider, a beach scene and some plain soaps I did a while back

I hate spiders!! but I love your soaps... my favorites are the plain ones, love the colors!!
I have to give a chance to the felt soaps, I have never tried it because it seems very intimidating, that's why I respect and congratulate so many beautiful creations.:)

MarnieSoapien, your Spring-inspired soaps are wonderful. Who doesn't like hummingbirds? There probably are some folks somewhere who don't, but I'm sure not one of them. I am looking forward to my tulips coming up again this year, but they haven't yet. Soon I hope. I should go look and see if they are peeking up yet. I haven't even seen a hint of the Crocuses yet, either, though. But I do see the rabbits. Then again, here we see the rabbits all year round. But I especially like your white kitty. So very adorable.

All the entries, so far are just wonderful and I am so glad everyone who is participating is having so much fun with this challenge.

There is still time for others to enter (up to the time the entry thread closes tomorrow night). If anyone else wishes to join in just copy & paste the list below into a new post and add yourself at the bottom.

1. zanzalawi - cant wait to try it!
2. MarnieSoapien - time to make some fuzzy soap!
3. Amy78130
4. Clarice - gonna try try try!
5. Cerelife
6.SunRiseArts
7. Primrose

I hate spiders!! but I love your soaps... my favorites are the plain ones, love the colors!!
I have to give a chance to the felt soaps, I have never tried it because it seems very intimidating, that's why I respect and congratulate so many beautiful creations.:)

Thank you, definitely try felting! It is fun and you get better at it the more you do it;)

@MarnieSoapien I love your felted soaps! They are the darling! My favorites are the cat & bunny :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back