My first attempts at M&P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaches

Reaction score
Be honest. You guys are the experts. I'm pretty proud of my first attempts, but I'd love some feedback:

Pumpkin Pie - coloured with spices and scented with cinnamon, clove and ginger

il_155x125.41766021.jpg

Fairy Lights - scented with cinnamon and rosemary

il_155x125.42770211.jpg

Cocoa & Coconut - I added cocoa butter, cocoa and coconut. The only scent comes from the additions - I didn't use any fragrance.

il_155x125.42771631.jpg

wow! I've been trying to get the swirly effect right for ages - and cant! And you got it on the first go!!! Looks wonderful. The pumpkin soap is making me a little hungry!

I'm not the expert, but those sure are pretty!

Nice work!

Oh, thanks for the kind words! I've only just started, and I was so pleased with the results (as were my quality control team - hubby and 2 kids) that I put these for sale on my Etsy site - but then I started second guessing myself. :? So I wanted some other opinions.

I've been trying to get the swirly effect right for ages - and cant!

I cheated. :oops: I made a couple of single bars colored with cocoa, then shaved them with a vegetable peeler and arranged the shavings in the loaf mold, before pouring over the opaque m&p. So it's not *really* a swirl.

Ahhhh, great idea to shave and set!!!! Do you mind if I steal your technique?

I love the the Fairy Lights...this is an idea I am very attracted to, the incorporation of colored chunks into a solid bar...very loverly, dear! :twisted:

They look fab!!!!

Digit

Edited to add: be careful when using cinnamon, it can burn sensitive areas.

I love the fairy lights. You have to tell me how you did it. I am new and trying to learn different techniques. Thanks :D

gagirl70 said:
I love the fairy lights. You have to tell me how you did it. I am new and trying to learn different techniques. Thanks :D

I made four individual bars (around 2 oz each), one of each color. Then when they were ready, I cut them into chunks, and put the chunks randomly in a loaf mold. Then I poured over opaque m&p soap. That's it. I'm as suprised as you are! :lol:

oceanmember said:
What type of colorant are you using to get those brilliant colors????

I'm using this colorant that I got from my supplier. I bought it because it's suitable for both soap and bath bombs.

JessyV said:
Are you sure these are your first attempts? :wink:
They look great to me..love the pumpkin!

You're sweet! I promise, they really are. The pumpkin was the first one I did.

I made this one last night. Lemon Cheesecake:

il_430xN.43171416.jpg

Wow.........I would be sooooooo tempted to taste one of those!! :lol: :lol: They all look fab!!!

Digit

Latest posts

Back