Moldy soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVivian

Reaction score
Have you ever made a soap that as soon as you pour it into the mold, you know it's going to be ugly? When my color totally morphed from a minty green to this tan/yellow I tried to save it with green soap shavings and now it just looks like moldy cheese.
Minty, moldy, cheese..
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1380675815.304608.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but I am glad it isn't actually moldy!

Yes I made a blue cheese soap once..It was a castile I made years ago..lol

Yep, I made a 'Key Lime Pie' soap recently blending Peak's Key Lime FO with their Fresh Baked Pie Crust FO. I used a little green oxide in the majority of the soap to tint it pale green and a hint of gold mica in the bottom potion for the "crust".
BUT, I wasn't thinking about the latter FO having a vanillin content!! This hideous soap is still on my curing rack and looks like 'Snot Soap on a Booger Base'....I guess I'll give it away to my hospital co-workers as a Halloween joke (the respiratory therapists will appreciate it, LOL)! It does smell really good, though...pretty decent key lime pie scent :)

I once made a batch with dried cranberries and calendula petals on top. My kid said it looked like queso. :)

Hahaha!! Glad I'm not the only one!! I'm going to cut it later today. I have a feeling the inside is no better., it smells good tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Yep, I made a 'Key Lime Pie' soap recently blending Peak's Key Lime FO with their Fresh Baked Pie Crust FO. I used a little green oxide in the majority of the soap to tint it pale green and a hint of gold mica in the bottom potion for the "crust".
BUT, I wasn't thinking about the latter FO having a vanillin content!! This hideous soap is still on my curing rack and looks like 'Snot Soap on a Booger Base'....I guess I'll give it away to my hospital co-workers as a Halloween joke (the respiratory therapists will appreciate it, LOL)! It does smell really good, though...pretty decent key lime pie scent :)

Oh my goodness, your description it too funny! That's sad that both of you had a bad turn out. But at least you can give your friends/coworkers a nice smelling bar.

It will be a surprise when you slice it. You may be surprise when you see the results. Make sure to share your sliced photos.

Latest posts

Back