Mold? 1st time making soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuxedoKat

Reaction score
I'm about to make my first batch of soap. Quick question though - what would you recommend as a mold? It's a 1lb. batch and I need to use something that's lying around the house. Can I just use a tupperware container? Am I correct in that bakeware is not ok because it would react with the lye?

Thanks for the link. It appears I can use just about anything. lol. I just watched a you tube video about lining with freezer paper, which I don't have, but I guess I'll just wing it. I'll try a smaller food storage container and hope it fits a 1lb batch.

Then, I'll pester my husband to make me a wood mold. :lol:

I've been using ziploc containers. Cheap, easy, and the soap doen't stick. It doesn't make for the prettiest bars, but I had it and for my first 3 batches it was fine.

Perfect! A ziploc container was just what I used.

First batch is done! Wrapped in a towel and sitting on the fridge. I can't wait to unwrap and cut it. Now to go shopping online and order some fun supplies for my next batch (now that the starter batch is out of the way)...

FUN!

Latest posts

Back