misreading

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkevin

Reaction score
well thought I would try a dandelion soap. I went and picked nice full dandelions infused some in grape seed oil the made a tea so to speak. such a nice yellow color in the oil and more of a dark yellow in the water. I wrote down the recipe
water 11.5
lye 3.9
lard 22.8
grape seed 6
castor 1.5 oz
well I read thru several times when I kept getting zapped after 2 hrs and a lot of oil separation I figured out when I measured out the lard I read the water measurement oh I was mad. tried to save it but to no avail lesson learned

I did but for some reason wasn't working.....so give it a go again tommorow

About 30 -40 min

Is there such a thing as putting in it my wood mold and just stick it in the oven on 170 for a specific amount of time?

I would not. I would be sure you got to a usable soap type product before sticking it in the oven. I would hate for you to try it, only to get another zappy mixture that has now been baked in the oven.

I am assuming you added sufficient oils to use up that lye..? If so, and you get to a non-zappy soap, then there is no need to OP it. Just chunk it into a mold and cut when solid enough.

Latest posts

Back