May I donate these.....?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busyfingers

Reaction score
Well I'm sure everyone knows soap grows out of cracks in ceilings; walls and floorboards. I've had to change over our guest room into a soap room. {Gotta love that one!}.... So.......

First I should mention I'm in Canada and I don't sell my soaps.
I am house bound with a disability and making soap is one of my many joys. I've been making CP and HP for over a couple of years and we haven't started glowing green or yellow yet; nor has my soap.
This must be a good sign!

What I was wondering was if I may donate a couple of baskets full of my soap at Christmas to our local womens shelter if I put labels on them listing all the ingredients {properly listed}.

Do I have to be a business or have liability insurance to donate my creations? Would anyone happen to know?

That is a wonderful idea of donating them. I plan on donating a bunch at Christmas to some elderly people I know that could use it because they don't have money to buy toiletries and I know they would appreciate them. I also am planning on bringing some to the women and childrens shelter as well.

I do this and the bars I donate are naked. The shelters are very happy to get "fancy" soap for the ladies to use.

I too donate to women's / homeless shelters and my bars are naked as well. I donate quite a bit as I have those where the scent doesn't last or I just plain don't like them and won't sell them. They are so appreciative of the donations. I have two grocery bags ready to go right now.

Thanks all!
You do of course know what this now means? More Soaping.
I really like the idea of donating to the seniors home.
Speaking of which I think the gentlemen have been under represented. I think I'll go whip up some "Old Spice".:clap:

Contact the place you would like to donate to first. They may have specific size requests. My local homeless shelter requested "hotel sized" bars. No other specific requests. I made a large font ingredients list and placed it on top of the soap for my own "better to be safe than sorry" nerves.

Latest posts

Back