Making cupcake soaps! PIC

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can not believe that those are soap, WOW! They look so delicious, and I don't even really like cupcakes.

Stacie

Those cupcakes look scrumptious!

I hope to be as talented one day to make that sort of "art". I have a question, since my inquiring mind needs to know. I am curious if the whipped soap is something that you have to work with quickly? Did you do this as a one-time event, meaning make the bottoms and then before they set, put the whipped soap on top or did you do this over a couple of days?

Re: Those cupcakes look scrumptious!

jarvan said:
I hope to be as talented one day to make that sort of "art". I have a question, since my inquiring mind needs to know. I am curious if the whipped soap is something that you have to work with quickly? Did you do this as a one-time event, meaning make the bottoms and then before they set, put the whipped soap on top or did you do this over a couple of days?

I made the bottoms the night before, in silicone cupcake molds (about 24 hrs before). They were solid when I put the whipped topping on.

The whipped soap did not move very fast. It took about 15 minutes or so to get it to the whippy consistency, and I worked with it for another 15 minutes or so once it was "ready" and it didn't harden up on me. I had time to ice the first half of my cupcakes with plain white "icing", and then colour and fragrance the rest for the other half.

Hope this helps!! It's really not too hard (I have cake decorating experience though too - another thing I do on the side). I used Nizzy's whipped soap technique, and a CP recipe of 70% hard oils, 30% soft, and a 10% superfat. I know it's a high % of hard oils, but when I tried to make whipped soap in the past with more soft oils it never thickened up enough.

Hope this helps! :)

LomondSoap said:
Ashley, you made me hungry! What beautiful cupcakes, how you going to package them?

Thanks! :) These ones are just testers, but I may sell them when I get going too. Haven't thought much about packaging yet. Probably just cello wrap, but I'd have to put them in some sort of box to ship or I'm sure they'd get damaged. Hmmm, any ideas??

Ashley - what recipe did you use ?

I checked out Nizzy's site, but none of them appealed to me as they either use lard or Crisco. I can't use Lard, as I can't get qualified for it and I can't get Crisco here.

I was wondering if it works with 70% Coconut, 30% Canola

Ashley, those cupcakes look great!! I have been toying with the idea of making them and you have just talked me into it.

madpiano, hard oils are a must with whipped soap. Since you are incorporating air into them they need to be in a solid state (unmelted) otherwise you'd have a runny mess. What about tallow?

ilovedoxies said:
Ashley, those cupcakes look great!! I have been toying with the idea of making them and you have just talked me into it.

madpiano, hard oils are a must with whipped soap. Since you are incorporating air into them they need to be in a solid state (unmelted) otherwise you'd have a runny mess. What about tallow?

no tallow either - actually, absolutley no animal fats....

I can't use Palm Oil, as I can only get the orange version here (unless I pay triple the price)

Crisco is no-no as well. We have similar stuff here, but the quality varies, ingredients list only states various plant oils, hydrogenated. SAP value ? no idea.

This leaves me with coconut oil or coconut oil or coconut oil.....

madpiano said:
Ashley - what recipe did you use ?

I checked out Nizzy's site, but none of them appealed to me as they either use lard or Crisco. I can't use Lard, as I can't get qualified for it and I can't get Crisco here.

I was wondering if it works with 70% Coconut, 30% Canola

I made up my own recipe with coconut, palm, olive, grapeseed, and castor. :)

Ashley, with the whipped cupcake soaps I made I simply popped each one into a pretty organza gift bag and attached a fold label to the ribbon tie. Looked pretty and people could still see the soap. To package for the mail I would probably just roll this bagged soap in several layers of bubble wrap, then box it.

Tanya :)

I love them. Have been thinking of doing these but with the bottom as a fizzy bath bomb. Good Job!!
Question. are those real sprinkles on the top?

blue hill said:
I love them. Have been thinking of doing these but with the bottom as a fizzy bath bomb. Good Job!!
Question. are those real sprinkles on the top?

Yep. I don't know if I will put so many next time, since I realized after that they're going to be scrubby... and maybe a little sticky? I like how they look but next time I will use a lot less!

x

really fine job there!!! :D

ain't life wonderful when things go according to plan? LOL!

the cupcackes are lovely, congrats!!!

monet

Latest posts

Back