Loving mica on top

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
Brambleberry gave me a free sample scent of "Cranberry Chutney." It smells very nice and cranberry-like, so I used it with the 1 lb silicone mold and some of the red colorants that came in the order with it.

I made a cranberryesque color to swirl. However, after separating the lightly traced soap batter into cups for different colors, I had instant pudding soap. So I quickly glopped it all into the mold and banged as much air out of it as I could. But the pink on top was looking kind of fleshy to me, so I thought some of the shimmery maroon mica would help break up that pink color. It did. It's the best part of the soap. It looks really pretty and fancy:

cranswirls.jpg

cran cut.jpg

How did you get that look? It's gorgeous! Did you mix the mica in with some of the soap, or just sprinkle and then swirl?

How did you get that look? It's gorgeous! Did you mix the mica in with some of the soap, or just sprinkle and then swirl?
It looks like she mixed it with some oil, drizzled it on top, and then swirled the top. I'm wanting to try it myself, the look is gorgeous. The oil will absorb into the soap as it saponifies just leaving the mica on top.

That is beautiful! Good idea to use the mica. :thumbup:

It looks like she mixed it with some oil, drizzled it on top, and then swirled the top. I'm wanting to try it myself, the look is gorgeous. The oil will absorb into the soap as it saponifies just leaving the mica on top.

I know mixing mica with oil works because I've tried it. I used a small paintbrush to "paint" the details on the soap.

Gorgeous!

I cant wait to get my micas. I just get some from coas***scen**, they're having 50% off for the whole website and i went mica crazy :D

Thanks, guys!

MoonBath, Lin is exactly right about how I did the mica. I put a little mica in a tiny bowl, then stirred it with a little bit of olive oil. I dripped it all over the top of the loaf, and used a toothpick to swirl it around.

Oh how beautiful! i have to try mixing mica with olive oil, great idea! I just sprinkle mica on top

Oh how beautiful! i have to try mixing mica with olive oil, great idea! I just sprinkle mica on top

Thanks!

I would like to sprinkle someday, but i feel like I would need a mini sifter or something. How do you sprinkle your mica?

Gorgeous!

I cant wait to get my micas. I just get some from coas***scen**, they're having 50% off for the whole website and i went mica crazy :D

Thank you! And thanks for the heads up about the sale. I went a lil mica crazy myself on that website today.

I think my bf got a free sample of the cranberry chutney scent, I really like it. We were laughing about it because he ordered a men's fragrance sampler. He said he thought they were out of one of the scents for the sampler, and maybe they just threw in the cranberry chutney to get the order shipped out. I mentioned having just read that someone got it as a free sample with their order, so then we realized that's actually what probably happened here too. It's such a sweet smelling fragrance it was pretty amusing that it came with the mens fragrance pack!

Back