Looking for packaging ideas for melt and pour soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrapping

I use Costco's PROFESSIONAL plastic wrap. It comes in a huge roll that will last a long time - and it has a great blade serrator on it. Then I put my label on the back of the soap and tie with Wraphia ribbon (100 yd spools available on Amazon and tie off. I bought several different colors of the Wraphia to compliment various soap colors. I am a hobbyist and wanted something that looked nice, showcased, the soap, but was economical.

If you scroll through the pictures on my FB page, you will find some examples: https://www.facebook.com/SadiesMissionSoaps.USA

I wrap mine up in cling wrap as well. I've used Glad brand which works well, now I am using the food service prep stuff from Sam's Club, comes in a big roll like mentioned above, with a nice cutter. I've never tried using a hair dryer, but I imagine it would work just fine. I use a heat gun ($20 from Michaels) but it takes a bit of practice to shrink the plastic without melting the soap. The end result looks very professional and prevents shrinkage and glycerin sweat. Then I use basic Avery printable labels on the back.

Latest posts

Back