Looking For A Mint Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 58545

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good cold process recipe for a nice mint soap. Something that make a nice pale green colour mint soap. I have peppermint essential Oil so something with that in. Or a variation like mint mocha etc

Thank you :)

Peppermint alone is fine. Just pay attention to usage rates as some find it irritating in sensitive areas. It blends well with many other EOs.

For color, what do you have available? Are you looking for plant based only, or do you use mica sand oxides?

Sorry for the late reply, probably look at mica's as they are easy to get in the UK, some other things aren't so easy to come by.

I make a rosemary mint soap using EO calc’s blend. I add green sea clay and a little spirulina for the green.

Plantain grows like a weed and dries in oven beautifully. It gives a lovely light green color when infused in hempseed oil.
Thank you!! I have gallons of dehydrated plantain, I cant stop gathering it. I love to make healing salves. Its awesome to know I can use the infused oil to get a bit of color on my soap. I was wondering if basil would do the same? I have ALOT of dried basil. I have read people use spinach as a colorant maybe ill try basil and my monster mint patch next.

Does anyone have a good cold process recipe for a nice mint soap. Something that make a nice pale green colour mint soap. I have peppermint essential Oil so something with that in. Or a variation like mint mocha etc

Thank you :)
Use a formula with peppermint infused evoo. Nettles work as well. I achieved a lime green color that lasted a very long time and the peppermint was mild and cooling.

Something that make a nice pale green colour mint soap.
Comfrey.png

Comfrey leaves (not root) infused in Olive Oil.

I have peppermint essential Oil so something with that in.

BREEZY MINT (Rainbow Meadows)
1 part Balsam Peru
2 parts Peppermint
5 parts Spearmint

I make up a 16 oz. batch and use it alone or in other blends that call for a mint. Quite nice in shaving soap. And wonderful in Hair & Body Liquid Shampoo.

Chlorella powder gives a very nice vibrant green, and works better in soap than spirulina on my experience. I also don't like the stink spirulina has. Chlorella doesn't really have a noticeable smell. Maybe a tad chlorophyl-like. It also remains green over time & is less prone to fading than spirulina.

I use a good amount of it when I want a beautiful grass green a deeper leaf green - a good TBSP per kg of soap oils. You could use half that amount or even less for a pale green. It would depend on your base amount of oils.

Peppermint & spearmint work well together. A SMALL amount of wintergreen can also be used to boost this, and I do mean small, as it can become quite unpleasant on the skin in larger amounts. Look into maximum usage amounts for this essential oil. Try anchoring these minty oils with something more earthy. Experiment with what you have on hand to begin with.

It also would depend on the budget you are working with. Some essential oils combine beautifully with peppermint but are more costly, especially if buying in smaller bottles.

You can use any of the above with your base recipe of choice.

Heres my idea for a mint chocolate (After Dinner) Soap - it uses real white chocolate melted into the oils and cocoa powder for the chocolate part (and offers a mild exfoliant)

Back