Liquid soap basics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/QUOTE]When you dilute soap paste, you would have to add water along with the milk powder, so you are basically reconstituting the milk. Without a heavy duty preservative, this is likely to go bad.

The advice I have heard from experienced LS makers is to make the soap paste with botanical ingredients or other additives like milk that are a source of food for microbes. Let the lye and high pH do their thing. Dilute the paste with distilled water only. The more botanicals or food additives you use to make the soap paste, the more you should consider adding a preservative too.[/QUOTE]

Hi DeAnna,

Thank you so much for your advise! I will definitely stay clear of powdered goat milk in my liquid recipes... and this is why I posted my idea before going forward and learning the hard way! I am really thankful to be a part of such a great soapers community. :smile:

With Love,
Mish

When you dilute soap paste, you would have to add water along with the milk powder, so you are basically reconstituting the milk. Without a heavy duty preservative, this is likely to go bad.

The advice I have heard from experienced LS makers is to make the soap paste with botanical ingredients or other additives like milk that are a source of food for microbes. Let the lye and high pH do their thing. Dilute the paste with distilled water only. The more botanicals or food additives you use to make the soap paste, the more you should consider adding a preservative too.

Hi DeAnna,

Thank you so much for your advise! I will definitely stay clear of powdered goat milk in my liquid recipes... and this is why I posted my idea before going forward and learning the hard way! I am really thankful to be a part of such a great soapers community. :smile:

With Love,
Mish

Latest posts

Back