Latest Update on Cheryl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry. I have no words...only prayers and hugs.

🙏🙏🙏
My prayers for Cheryl for Divine intervention and healing. I pray too for strength as she fights this battle.
Hugs to you Carolyn as you help her fight!

Thank you everyone for the prayers. They are doing another procedure to try and clear her lungs. They believe the surgical site is clear of infection, but that has been thought before and the good news is today's x-ray showed her patches are looking fantastic, and her sinus area looks clear, at least at this point.

Warning Long Post... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hopefully, this is going to be my last update!! Of course, I stay guarded when and become afraid to get too hopeful, but my daughter just got home from another 2 or 2.5-week stay in the hospital, sorry I lost track, and the doctors feel she is finally free of infection. She did have an infection in one lung but it was not sepsis nor pneumonia, infection nevertheless so they did a special treatment to break up the infection, oh yes at another high cost and high-powered special antibiotics by IV, plus another week of washing her blood.

I have a little story to tell which to me is very hard to believe. During one of her other long stays in Reno, when she had gone to meet a friend she was wearing a Barrick mine shirt and was in line to get coffee. This was before she ended up in the hospital during that trip. Anyway, a lady around my age asked her if she worked at the mine and Cheryl told her no her husband works there. This was the same lady Cheryl had previously told me she had seen playing slots in the high rollers room and she and Trevor had watched her playing because she would win such large jackpots. The Peppermill is where their insurance pays for rooms when they have to go for medical, go figure. Turns out this lady is a large shareholder in the mine and has owned or still owns mines in Nevada. I have looked her up and it is hard to follow all the information about her ownership and transactions with her mine ownership. Her husband passed a couple of years ago she has no family and seems to be becoming very attached to Cheryl. Hopefully not too attached. Where I am going with this is, that when she found out Cheryl was back in the hospital she got on the phone with the doctors and Shriners and was able to get a very high-cost Plasma Infusion treatment for her which she has fully paid for, and told the hospital there were to be no additional room charges or miscellaneous bills. Of course, I already spent approx $50 this round. A few years ago she said her husband had severe Sepsis and she found out about the treatment so she was able to get it for him and he got over his Sepsis. This facility is a mine-owned facility and only miners or their immediate go there. She also told Cheryl she would be having her mouth restored so she does not have to worry about it. What concerns me is the fact she complains to Cheryl she has no one to take care of her and it worries her. I just keep telling Cheryl to be very careful.

Not sure how this is going to go, but apparently this new infusion along with her IVIg and blood washing she is finally infection-free. Over 6 months she has been fighting this.

* A note about my long story above, the lady who helped Cheryl is a huge donor to Shriners. In fact in February she donated a house appraised at $1.75 million to Shriner's. I looked up the newspaper blurb about it.

In closing I think my Prayers were answered (Not talking about the lady Cheryl met) just that maybe she is finally on the road to recovery
Thank you all for your Prayers and listening to me.

Oh my goodness!! What an amazing story, and incredible answer to all the prayers for Cheryl!! I hope you get to meet this woman and give her a huge mama-bear hug of thanks. 😍

I'd be curious to find out if the plasma treatment was platelet-rich plasma (PRP). My chiropractor daughter provides those treatments, and they are nothing short of life-changing for a variety of health conditions.

Oh my goodness!! What an amazing story, and incredible answer to all the prayers for Cheryl!! I hope you get to meet this woman and give her a huge mama-bear hug of thanks. 😍

I'd be curious to find out if the plasma treatment was platelet-rich plasma (PRP). My chiropractor daughter provides those treatments, and they are nothing short of life-changing for a variety of health conditions.
I am trying to find out, but I think this is different she had the PRP treatment a couple of times when her platelets crashed. Before all the hospital stays I was going to talk to you about acquiring the machine and seeing if her PA could administer the treatments, who administered the treatments she had at the clinic she has.

The work being done with platelets and PRP is truly amazing. I had several procedures in my ankle with different variations. Eventually I had to have the small joint that attaches your heel to your ankle fused but these procedures allowed me to put off that fusion for several years. I hope Cheryl continues to improve and that her guardian angel is really just there to help her without expecting anything in return.

I am trying to find out, but I think this is different she had the PRP treatment a couple of times when her platelets crashed. Before all the hospital stays I was going to talk to you about acquiring the machine and seeing if her PA could administer the treatments, who administered the treatments she had at the clinic she has.
My understanding is that for life-threatening like Cheryl's, the provider must know how to adjust the dosage based on her unique needs. So if she only had a standard PRP treatment in the past, it probably wasn't dosed right. The condition will also dictate whether it should be administered via infusion or direct injection. I'm guessing that @Tammyfarms might have had injections that were targeted to the specific body part that needed healing. Things like systemic infections tend to be treated with infusions, but not always.

Feel free to PM me or text me if you want to talk in more detail.

My understanding is that for life-threatening like Cheryl's, the provider must know how to adjust the dosage based on her unique needs. So if she only had a standard PRP treatment in the past, it probably wasn't dosed right. The condition will also dictate whether it should be administered via infusion or direct injection. I'm guessing that @Tammyfarms might have had injections that were targeted to the specific body part that needed healing. Things like systemic infections tend to be treated with infusions, but not always.

Feel free to PM me or text me if you want to talk in more detail.
Yes, my injections were in the ankle. The whole field amazes me. Providers can do some amazing stuff.

That is amazing, Carolyn, so glad to hear it. I don't think you have to be careful about this, it seems like she is a philanthropist who is (maybe) lonely, I would take care of her for the rest of her life if she gets Cheryl through this without you guys having to give up your house/retirement security. I think it is a miracle.

Latest posts

Back