Landscape Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arky

Reaction score
Haven't been a member long enough to submit this in the July challenge, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

This soap was inspired by the gently rolling hills, green grass, and blue sky of the South Dakota Prairie.

I found the following picture on the internet to give you a sense of what it should look like.

prairie-landscape-mary-lane.jpg

Here is my soap.

Raspberry Lemonade summer landscape-resize.jpg

I scented it with Raspberry Lemonade FO, to enhance the summery feel. I did an in-the-pot swirl for the green hills, followed with yellow sprinkled on top. I then let it set up before using a piece of cardboard I had cut to scrape and shape the top. The sky was also an in-the-pot swirl of two different blues and white. After the sky had set, I used a spoon to scrape out a round section of the top, which I filled with yellow for the sun.

This was my first attempt at a soap this complicated, so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Your soap is really pretty. I love the idea of scooping out the corner for the sun. Very clever!

P.S. SD is a beautiful place. I have family in Belle Fourche.

Thanks. My mold is two bars wide, so I was actually able to scoop out the center of the mold, which turned into a corner once I cut the bars.

Latest posts

Back