Is this soap safe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapman Ryan

Reaction score
Two months ago I made this soap, it's still curing, but as I was going through the numbers it came to my attention I used 38% lye concentration instead of Water as % of Oils. Here's the recipe? FYI- I used 100% goat milk instead of water. Thanks in advance.
Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 9.39.16 PM.png

I would have lowered the SF to about 7 percent. That's just me, though :) It looks good , otherwise.

I would have lowered the SF to about 7 percent. That's just me, though :) It looks good , otherwise.

Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping not to have to rebatch, as it's already been curing for two months. It's was my first bastille. Next batch I'll make it with 33% Water as % of Oils and try 7% SF as you had suggested. I've noticed my 10% SF bars don't last very long.

Last edited:
I go by lye concentration not water as percent of oils. I don't really understand it and its to late to change now. But wouldn't changing it to 33% give you more liquid? A 33% lye concentration would be better for that recipe IMO.

I go by lye concentration not water as percent of oils. I don't really understand it and its to late to change now. But wouldn't changing it to 33% give you more liquid? A 33% lye concentration would be better for that recipe IMO.

That looks even better. I will use 33% lye concentration instead. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back