Is this just my imagination?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyslippers

Reaction score
I have noticed that my CPHP soap seems to have a more dense lather than my CP even when I use the same recipe for both processes:? Is this just my imagination? Someone explain this to me, please!

rubyslippers said:
I have noticed that my CPHP soap seems to have a more dense lather than my CP even when I use the same recipe for both processes:? Is this just my imagination? Someone explain this to me, please!

It seems that way to me also. My CP recipe done as HP
seems to lather more.

I notice the same.
Although I don't make cp, I have bought tons of it and it doesn't seem to have the same bubbly creamy lather as my hp does.

I notice in a 'fresh' batch of soap that hp's later is better. But...give that CP long enought and you can't beat the lather:)

I've never made hp, so I couldn't say from experience...but now I really want to try.

Same here! I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned the difference, but I love doing CPHP (better than HP..dunno why) and I wonder if it is because of the speeding up of the lye reaction? Hmmm.

HP has more lather for me, but at about month 6, the CP catches up and they are indistinguishable to me a that point :)

I really think it has to do with full saponification, which does take longer in CP. We just notice the bubbles and fullness quicker with CPHP and HP because we are speeding things along.

So interesting!!! I had 2 batches of CP that had seized when I added the FO so I threw them into the crock pot and I noticed that they have a really dense, creamy lather. It was a new recipe so I just attributed the lather to the recipe, but then this week when I made my first actual batches of CPHP, I used a different recipe and notice again how dense and creamy the lather was. It really made me wonder about the process more than the recipe.

SilverMaple said:
HP has more lather for me, but at about month 6, the CP catches up and they are indistinguishable to me a that point :)

This is something I've not discovered yet.....only been making soap for about 4 or 5 months.

Thanks for your responses everyone!

I've noticed the same thing. I do HP for liquid soaps, & RTOP for bar, and while the lather/bubbles are certainly acceptable in the bar soaps, the liquid is sooooo much nicer!

jarvan said:
I really think it has to do with full saponification, which does take longer in CP. We just notice the bubbles and fullness quicker with CPHP and HP because we are speeding things along.

I completely agree.

IrishLass :)

Back