I'm Pumped!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthie

Reaction score
Attended a "craft" show Friday and Saturday at a local church. I say "craft" because not all vendors were selling handmade. There was a Scentsy dealer as well as Tupperware and Avon. But most were crafters. I did not expect to do well at all. Mainly entered at the urging of friends who attend there. I'd done this show a year and a half ago and barely made my booth rental back, nothing for my time. (I was not selling soap then, but recycled bags.) So even though I did not get rich, I did pretty well. Made enough to pay for my WSP order I've been working on!! A little old lady across from me did better sales-wise, but she was giving her stuff away because she does not want to do it any more. And the Tupperware lady did well. So I was probably the 3rd highest selling booth there. Plus I did a lot of getting out the word, and a lot of educating people on what is a good product and why. Answered that "lye question" many times as well as the "What is good for____" question about skin problems. ("Soap is a wash-off product....") I even had people come in just to come to my booth!

I still need to work on my display. It was kind of a last minute thing and all I had time to do was cover my table and put soap in rows. But if I could sell with no special arrangement, I feel like the future is bright! :clap:

That's wonderful! Congratulations! We did a 'craft fair/ flea market' on Memorial Day. We were one of the only hand-made (soy melts and soap) vendors there... I went into it not expecting to do well, and was pleasantly surprised! Getting people into our booth was an experience....I started asking if they would like to smell a Monkey Fart (soy melts) and BAM, they were in. My mom thought I was nuts!:eh:

Educating people about the dangers of commercial soap is well worth it even if they do not become customers. People need to know what's in their products.

Thanks all! The great feeling continues. Had 2 different ladies contact me yesterday- repeat customers. Sold 20 bars yesterday afternoon just from my livingroom!

Ruthie that's wonderful - and encouraging to the rest of us. An experienced soaper told me that, in her experience, craft shows are more about "getting the word out" than how much you actually sell at the fair. Sounds like you had a good day selling AND got the word out. Way to go! :)

Latest posts

Back