New House

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After all this time, somewhere around 23 months, my new house is scheduled for completion and offline on 8/24. We shall see. but this information came directly from Palm Harbor's District Manager. I am still not sure what is happening with my dealer other than their doors are still open, but sadly his wife's health is failing due to her cancer, which I firmly believe caused all their financial issues. You would have to read my earlier posts on that mess. I cannot believe we were one of the few that they were honest with and did get our deposits to the factory albeit a year later.

I do think God had other plans for us since I would not have had the finances to help my kids with my SIL's hip replacement and living expenses if we had acquired our house a year ago. Long story short, my house is coming and I cannot move until I sell houses here and settle Mom's estate. Life surely got in our way again. But at least we might at least get our house planted and maybe by the first of next year get in our well, landscaping and finish the flooring and counters in our new house. I did not have the factory do that part. Even if we cannot live in our house we can at least visit and finally see the inside of it. :dance:Plus I did not lose all my money like some of the poor customers have.

That’s terrific news about the forward progress on the house. It will be all the more joyful when it’s finally time to move in.

As for buying a house without having seen it in person, my sister and BIL did that. I thought they were crazy 😂

That’s terrific news about the forward progress on the house. It will be all the more joyful when it’s finally time to move in.

As for buying a house without having seen it in person, my sister and BIL did that. I thought they were crazy 😂
At least I know we are not the only crazy ones. No dealers had the model we purchased on their lots. So we had to buy by floor plan and size. The original house we were going to buy was even larger but was discontinued as we are ordering it. That manufacturer quit building triple wides.It was gorgeous.

At least I know we are not the only crazy ones. No dealers had the model we purchased on their lots. So we had to buy by floor plan and size. The original house we were going to buy was even larger but was discontinued as we are ordering it. That manufacturer quit building triple wides.It was gorgeous.
To be fair to them, they had been in similar homes in the area and had an idea about the building quality, knew the community, etc., but unlike your situation, it was not a new house. No seller is going to highlight the flaws in the online photos!

We bought our Texas house 100% online. At the time, houses there were selling within hours of listing, and there were crazy bidding wars. And we needed a unicorn: a one-story, multi-generational house in a good school district. I scoured the listings daily, When the one we eventually bought hit the MLS on a Friday at 8:30am, I was texting our realtor at 8:32 to put an offer in - and it was in by 9am.

The seller hoped for a bidding war, so she made us wait through her open house that weekend. But God cleared reserved this house for us, since not one other person put in an offer - it was ours! Our daughter and her family lived in the area, so they did go through it during the inspections, and sent me a video. But my husband and I never saw it in person till closing. It was a great house - exactly what we needed!

@cmzaha I know you did your research about the area and the builder, and you also have the ability to translate a floor plan into a mental picture of how the house will flow. I'm positive it will be just as expected, and you will love it!

Glad to hear your house is proceeding!

I have rented a house before without seeing it but never purchased one without seeing it. We only needed to rent for 6 months before we purchased one so we decided we could deal with most things for that long.

Latest posts

Back