New House Happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cannot believe this, after 2 years and all the issues with my dealer my house is being delivered to my lot tomorrow. How I got lucky out of 28 people that purchased homes from them and 21 lost their money I actually got my house. We did a turnaround 1300-mile trip last weekend to see if it was on their lot and it was. We have had to make our own transport arrangements to get it off their lot to our property and I am still getting bids on setup but at least I did not lose almost 300k on my house. :dance::dance:

Sadly in these 2 years, everything has doubled and tripled in price so we cannot finish it and move in until I get my mom's house sold which I listed last week. The first open house is this weekend and I am praying for offers. We have so much to do to move but are just stuck until we can finish the house. I will still have to sell another house, pack and move 3 garages, and my daughter's storage unit. We are just worn out from all the stress and age is just not on our side. 😩

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!! I am overjoyed for you!! 🎉🎉🎉

Besides your house being delivered, it sounds like your sister might have finally signed off on the probate stuff, since you are able to list your mom's house. If so, that's another big milestone to celebrate!

I'll be praying for offers, too. Big, cash offers, with fast COE, please!! 💵💰💵💰

Thank you both. I am really hoping. If the house sells I can begin to finally move on. Yes, my sister finally signed off but only after I gave in to her and shared the 3rd house my mom left to me. She could not accept the fact I was finally given something. She got her way and that made her happy. My favorite Aunt's saying about my sister was, "what neecie wants neecie gets" meaning my sister Denise. But at least I can move on. I am just so excited that we actually got our house.

Best wishes for your open house! Across the country there is a shortage of homes for sale. Hopefully you’ll receive an immediate over asking offer and fast closing!
Have you checked with smaller home builders in your area to see if they have anything to offer in terms of building your new house? A Realtor in your area should be able to check the local registered agents list and pull all the builders contact information off the list for you Good luck!

@BWt, my new home is a manufactured home that I have waited 2 yrs for. I have numerous posts about the nightmare we have gone through with our less-than-honest dealer. We are lucky to have even got our home and not lost our money.

Where I am moving it is the land of Manufactured homes and sadly they hate Californians so it is doubly hard to get anything done. Just try to get a well drilled... What a nightmare. They really do not care that you are taking money to their community they only think it is California money and they either double the cost or just do not want to work with you. I cannot imagine the nightmare it would have been to have a stick-built home built.

As an example when we purchased our home 2 yrs ago the setup price in our contract was 15K is it now costing 40k, if I am lucky. We paid to deliver our house to our lot and the dealer had it delivered to his lot 147 miles away. Now it costs us an additional 8k to have it picked up and moved to our lot. As I said, nightmare...

ETA: Even sometimes the best laid plans fail 😩

Last edited:
LOL, go figure with this being a desert community they are used to working on flat land, and it was not hard to figure we would purchase an elevated lot after living on a hillside for 35 years since we wanted a view of the entire valley. :D Now they are having problems placing my home on my foundation. :D We told them to figure it out, boys. The contractor in charge of hiring out the work is the same contractor that graded our lot and put in our foundation. They are charging enough so they can just figure it out!

@BWt, my new home is a manufactured home that I have waited 2 yrs for. I have numerous posts about the nightmare we have gone through with our less-than-honest dealer. We are lucky to have even got our home and not lost our money.

Where I am moving it is the land of Manufactured homes and sadly they hate Californians so it is doubly hard to get anything done. Just try to get a well drilled... What a nightmare. They really do not care that you are taking money to their community they only think it is California money and they either double the cost or just do not want to work with you. I cannot imagine the nightmare it would have been to have a stick-built home built.

As an example when we purchased our home 2 yrs ago the setup price in our contract was 15K is it now costing 40k, if I am lucky. We paid to deliver our house to our lot and the dealer had it delivered to his lot 147 miles away. Now it costs us an additional 8k to have it picked up and moved to our lot. As I said, nightmare...

ETA: Even sometimes the best laid plans fail 😩

So happy to hear this! Even with all the problems with all the drama, you have soldiered on!

Latest posts

Back