ideas for 'caring' soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax1962

Reaction score
hi everyone, i would like to make some soap for a friend who has had a mastectomy, something which will be gentle and healing (if possible!) on her scars. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

Looking at my oil properties chart that I made a while back,

Cocoa butter heals and moisturizes
Borage oil heals and is soothing
hemp is full spectrum when it comes to minerals and amino acids
sea buckthorne heals burns and scars
shea butter hydrates and heals
rice bran promotes collegen
Aloe for burns and scars
Castor oil is healing and has antibacterial properties
aloe water instead of the regular water would also be healing.

I dont think you would want to put this in soap, but fresh egg whites smeared on scars and burns creates a clear coating over the area keeping out bacteria and it promotes new growth. It is basically embronic fluid. If done right after a burn or cut for a few weeks there will be no scaring at all, even very bad burns heal with no marks if you apply cold water first to the burn to bring down the body temp and stop the burning of the skin, and then apply the egg whites.

Nature is amazing, its just our job to figure it all out :wink:

wow thanks flavapor! i've copied this to print out and keep in my soap notebook - lots of great information.

i've got a little old lady friend here in the village who make all her own lotions and potions and only collects the herbs at certains phases of the moon - she's going to teach me more about what i can collect in the wild. it's great that these sorts of traditions don't die out don't you think?

this is such a great forum - thanks to all of you who don't mind sharing your knowledge xxx

How about adding a little neem oil? It is known for its healing properties. It is a natural antiseptic. Improves healing.

Kokum butter helps moisturise, reduces burning sensation, improves wound healing.

Aloe excellent for healing wounds and burns.

Turmeric is an excellent styptic (clots blood), antiseptic.

You could scent your soap with Holy Basil EO which is another herb known for its antiseptic properties.

Best wishes for an excellent soap for your friend!

:D

jax1962 said:
wow thanks flavapor! i've copied this to print out and keep in my soap notebook - lots of great information.

i've got a little old lady friend here in the village who make all her own lotions and potions and only collects the herbs at certains phases of the moon - she's going to teach me more about what i can collect in the wild. it's great that these sorts of traditions don't die out don't you think?

this is such a great forum - thanks to all of you who don't mind sharing your knowledge xxx

Yes, I agree. It is nice to have people sharing knowledge. I love this forum.

Latest posts

Back