I love cavity molds!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As far as I’m concerned, I will never have too many cavity molds. I no longer find them hard to use and the soaps are popular with my soapy people. As a side note, most of the soaps in this photo were made without micas, with the colors coming from plants, clays, oxides, ultramarines and essential oils. My big task now is getting these labeled for a big gathering of friends at the end of July. For those last scrubby bars I made (far right) I’m planning to include a “don’t use until“ date on the label. Almost everything else has been curing for months.

IMG_9940.jpeg

ETA: Here are close ups of some of the cavity molds and the soaps I made using them.

This is the bottom of the leaf mold to show the supports that keep the cavities level.

IMG_9957.jpeg

I use this 2.5” x 3.5” purple mold to make salt bars. The sides are perfectly perpendicular to the bottoms. Yay!
IMG_9959.jpeg

I mostly use the smaller cavity molds to make “speciality” soaps like these that highlight avocado oil and have only 5% coconut oil. (I'm not sure why the next photo ended up in portrait mode...)

IMG_9956.jpeg

I make my version of travel soaps using these fondant molds that I bought at Michael’s. The molds are a little pricey, so I wait for a sale or use a coupon. I now have three of each. People seem to love getting 4 oz. tins filled with these little soaps. My SIL takes them camping.

IMG_9953.jpeg

Last but not least, here’s my growing collection of sea life molds. My plan is to position the individual pieces on the top of bars-to-be in a slab mold. My idea for the bigger fish, which are 4” long, is to make big chunky bars of soap-on-a-rope with a fish on the front side. I use the octopus mold to make what I call “Kraken Good Soap.”

IMG_9955.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know if it is the same one that Mobjack uses, but this is the leaf mold that I purchased after seeing hers awhile back. It's pretty thin and floppy, but I love it for both soaps and for syndet shampoo bars.

I also used it to make ginormous conditioner bars with it once. However, people complained that this size is too big for conditioner bars - they are not even half-gone after a YEAR. 😁

I don't know if it is the same one that Mobjack uses, but this is the leaf mold that I purchased after seeing hers awhile back. It's pretty thin and floppy, but I love it for both soaps and for syndet shampoo bars.

I also used it to make ginormous conditioner bars with it once. However, people complained that this size is too big for conditioner bars - they are not even half-gone after a YEAR. 😁
Yes, that’s the mold! It is pretty floppy, and you will need to put it on a tray or a cutting board, but the little supports on the bottom of the leaves keep them from deforming when the cavities are filled.

I can see that 😲 How long had it been infusing?
I will need to check. It was a good long time though 🙂. The bars on the upper left side are half strength with a tiny bit of madder rose petal powder added for speckles. That’s about as dark as I would go in the future for this kind of soap.

Last edited:
Yes, that’s the mold! It is pretty floppy, and you will need to put it on a tray or a cutting board, but the little supports on the bottom of the leaves keep them from deforming when the cavities are filled.
I love that leaf mold. Thank you for sharing the link where I can get it. Do you know if there is one out there that is NOT floppy?

I love that leaf mold. Thank you for sharing the link where I can get it. Do you know if there is one out there that is NOT floppy?
The floppiness isn't a big deal if you put it on a tray as @Mobjack Bay suggested above. :) As she also mentioned, it has little stabilizers underneath it that keep it upright while pouring in batter.

Latest posts

Back