How to enhance fragrance in bath bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwilson9

Reaction score
How do i enhance the scent of my bathbombs?
is there an ingredient i can add? things i should look for in a fragrance oil? are there maybe fragrance oils in powder form?.. so i don’t max out my wet ingredient percentage trying to make scent stronger by adding more of the FO. are there different grades and strengths of FO?

bottom line - i want a st to be smelling and long lasting scented bath bomb without having to add more FO or any other wet ingredient really.

also, any recommendations for FO suppliers in Australia? quality at a good price.

@Dwilson9 Just saw this posting. Yes there is a way to enhance the scent in bath bombs. Saw it in a YouTube video just a few days ago. The additional scent is added into a powder (Natrasorb which is very expensive.) Suspect you could substitute tapioca starch or perhaps tapioca starch mixed with a bit of clay. Google the natrasorb to read about what it is made from. The Natrasorb absorbs oils (scents.).
Go to YouTube and the video is from CreativeBathLab on making heavily scented bath bombs.

@Dwilson9 Just saw this posting. Yes there is a way to enhance the scent in bath bombs. Saw it in a YouTube video just a few days ago. The additional scent is added into a powder (Natrasorb which is very expensive.) Suspect you could substitute tapioca starch or perhaps tapioca starch mixed with a bit of clay. Google the natrasorb to read about what it is made from. The Natrasorb absorbs oils (scents.).
Go to YouTube and the video is from CreativeBathLab on making heavily scented bath bombs.
Yes I saw this! I went out and brought some and gave it a go. It definitely gave my bath bombs a stronger scent, but I’m still not 100% on how to actually use it. Like, do I just add the FO to the NSB (natrasorb) or do I add the FO, Carrier oil and P80 (polysorbate 80) together - mix - then add to the NSB? How do I add colour in this method if needing to add to the wet ingredients? Do I allow the NSB to dry first? (I might try this next - letting it dry because I think it will be benifical).

Yes I saw this! I went out and brought some and gave it a go. It definitely gave my bath bombs a stronger scent, but I’m still not 100% on how to actually use it. Like, do I just add the FO to the NSB (natrasorb) or do I add the FO, Carrier oil and P80 (polysorbate 80) together - mix - then add to the NSB? How do I add colour in this method if needing to add to the wet ingredients? Do I allow the NSB to dry first? (I might try this next - letting it dry because I think it will be benifical).
The instructions are a YouTube video from creative bath lab.

Latest posts

Back