Bath Salts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjantz

Reaction score
I have a recipe for a foot soak that uses epsom salt, dead sea salt, baking soda, coconut milk powder, himalayan pink salt, red alea sea salt, dendritic salt, lavender essential oil, tea tree essential oil. It's been mixed up and in jars for over a year and it's still loose when I shake it.

A few weeks ago I mixed up a bath salt mixture that had coarse and fine pink salt, fine sea salt, coarse European spa salt, epsom salt, baking soda, and dendritic. Since I was just experimenting, I didn't add any scent to it. I filled two different sizes of bath salt tubes so I could work on my packaging. Today I pulled out the plastic container with the remainder in it and it was still loose. One of the bath salt tubes that I had filled poured out smoothly, the other one was almost a solid clump.

I did three batches of this --- one with pink salts, one with red alea slats and one with black salt. All with the same results - still good in the plastic tub I store it in and still good in one bath salt tube but not in the other.

I've read about "off-gassing" before you package and then I've read that you have to package right away. I've also read not to use Dead Sea salt but the foot soak I made a year ago is fine with the Dead Sea salt in it.

Any ideas for how to trouble shoot this? Thanks for any help you can give.

Latest posts

Back