How much soap do you make per day or week?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kate and WOW Serenity...for a school function I'd say that's pretty awesome! Do you have any photos of your soap or your display? We would all LOVE to see them...we live for that stuff here ;)

You asked some hard questions.

The 10% rule of thumb is good, sometimes it is hard to estimate how many people will show up at an event. I think more than 10% of attendees buy my products at our Farmer's market. This is good because the total attendance is small.

200 bars is a good amount to take if you don't know that much about attendance. Nothing wrong with taking soaps back home, but selling out is a bummer is you had more of that scent at home.

Serenity, Welcome to the forum and it is great to see that you chose this forum to make your first post!! People are truly wonderful here, I hope you will choose to post some pictures on the forum as well :)

Thanks Badger for the welcome. It's great to find people that actually want to talk about soap!

I've posted a photo of my humble soap stall from my daughter's school open day. It was open to the public so there was quite a lot of people. I'd like to make it look a lot more professional next time.

I think 200 (as suggested) sounds like a good amount, maybe a bit more to be on the safe side. If you have too much you can always use it or sell it (eventually!). When I started making soap a few years ago and I wasn't yet selling it, I think I made about 5 years worth! So many boxes of soap! :D

School soap stall 2012-10-28.jpg

Oh my goodness, that soap display table is gorgeous! No wonder you sold so many soaps! They are all so beautiful! Where did you get everything to set it up like that?

That is a great display. I grew up in the world of craft fair kiosks and that looks super nice!

Latest posts

Back