Hi

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamscout

Reaction score
Hi we're just a married couple that loves making music (and giving it away for free! Save art, kill the copyright!), hunting edible mushrooms, living in a van, and making soaps!

We are already members of internet forums that help us learn about the first 3 topics, so now we're trying to learn more about soap.

<3 you all.

-Mickey Starcraft & Dreamscout

You really live out of a van?

Yep. Like any type of living you have the positives and the negatives. Overall we're loving it.

The downsides are more easily dealt with than you might think.

Some "downsides" end up being an upside. Ever have those days on the couch where you just can't motivate yourself to go outside? Not in a van you don't!

Thanks for the welcome. I hope we'll learn a lot here.

Welcome :) soap making is so much fun! My hubby and I really enjoy hen of the woods mushrooms, what types do you hunt for?

Chantrelles and porcinis are the big moneymakers that you can find out here in Northern California, but the drought made this last fall/winter season a complete bust. We're hoping to hit the higher elevation in early May and possibly head in to Colorado.

Actually my personal favorite edible is the shaggy parasol, but we don't intentionally hunt those for various reasons. I wouldn't recommend hunting them (they have an absolutely identical poisonous lookalike. The only phenotype difference is spore color), but I do love the delicate almond flavor.

Latest posts

Back