Help With Labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGecko

Reaction score
After playing around with different companies in search of my “brand”, I thought I hit the jackpot with Zazzle. As soon as I saw the design, I knew that it was what I wanted, but I called the company to make sure the labels were going to be what I wanted. Which is a pre-printed label with everything but the name of the soap, which I could later print myself. So I put a small order in for each.

The business cards...perfect. The labels...no so much. I was expecting to get the labels as sheets, not as individual. NOT going to work. Sure I have excellent handwriting, but a handwritten label is not the image I want to present, nor do I want to hand write hundreds of labels.

So I went back to the website and while I found labels in sheets, they aren’t in my design. Mind you, I can get coasters, address labels, Thank You stickers, and round labels for both sizes of my Lotions Bars...no sheet labels. I sent a message to the designer to see if I can get sheet labels, but just in case...other options.

Below is my soap label...I love everything about it and I would like to find something like it, if Zazzle can’t come though. So any thoughts and/or assistance anyone could offer would be swell and I thank you in advance.

88DE7218-D196-49C5-BCA5-2BDE50FEA3DA.png

Those are super cute. I like the avery labels. They come in sheets and u can design it urself. :)

True, but I want a pink label with the gold starburst. I don’t think my LaserJet can do ‘gold’. May have to go old school.

What size are they?

These are 3” x 2”...which is a 1/4” too wide for my boxes.

After playing around with different companies in search of my “brand”, I thought I hit the jackpot with Zazzle. As soon as I saw the design, I knew that it was what I wanted, but I called the company to make sure the labels were going to be what I wanted. Which is a pre-printed label with everything but the name of the soap, which I could later print myself. So I put a small order in for each.

The business cards...perfect. The labels...no so much. I was expecting to get the labels as sheets, not as individual. NOT going to work. Sure I have excellent handwriting, but a handwritten label is not the image I want to present, nor do I want to hand write hundreds of labels.

So I went back to the website and while I found labels in sheets, they aren’t in my design. Mind you, I can get coasters, address labels, Thank You stickers, and round labels for both sizes of my Lotions Bars...no sheet labels. I sent a message to the designer to see if I can get sheet labels, but just in case...other options.

Below is my soap label...I love everything about it and I would like to find something like it, if Zazzle can’t come though. So any thoughts and/or assistance anyone could offer would be swell and I thank you in advance.

View attachment 50292

View attachment 50292
After searching online for options a few years ago I found I could get custom labels from local print shops far cheaper than the big online places. I had the option of individual or rolls as well. Might check with places in your area if you haven't already. I've reorded several times without problems and it's been easy to make changes as needed. Just a thought.

What I would do in this case is print the name of the soap on a smaller label, matching the background color and font to the purchased label as best as you can and stick it to the purchased label. I use a 2x1" label for the brewery soaps for ingredients that goes on the side of the bar (my soaps are shrinkwrapped with a band), and the front label is either designed by the brewery graphic designer, or the brewery will give me artwork to create the label. I've found Online Labels Maestro software to be very helpful for color matching, and they have an extensive enough font selection that I have been able to find "close enough".

Might check with places in your area if you haven't already. I've reorded several times without problems and it's been easy to make changes as needed. Just a thought.

And it's a good thought.

What I would do in this case is print the name of the soap on a smaller label, matching the background color and font to the purchased label as best as you can and stick it to the purchased label.

Hmmmm. Avery makes mini clear labels.

Latest posts

Back