has anyone ever come across this problem

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angela

Reaction score
I made a batch of lavender cp soap yesterday morning. All milk as liquid same ingredients I always use. I've made this recipe many many times before. I cut it up this afernoon and there were dark almost a rusty brown spot in a couple of the bars, also they were a little weepy looking. I know it's not dos. I'm wondering if the hot weather had something to do with it? Anyone ever have this happen? Is it oil that hasn't saponified? Appreciate any help in this mystery/ :lol:

It sounds like the scent did not fully incorporate into your batter and is leaching out in spots. I've had that happen before on a few occassions. The way to tell if that's what really happened is to smell the dark spots. If they smell stronger of lavender than the rest of your soap, it's the FO or EO.

IrishLass :)

If it is the fragrance and not overheated or lye heavy soap . . . next time it may help if you dilute your FO/EO with some of your liquid oils to add at trace. That way you know since its diluted then you're evenly incorporating it!

I add all my scent materials to my oils before adding the lye. That way I know they're mixed in well.

Back