Happiness is....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
finding out there is only one other person with soap at my 2 weekend (5 day) Holiday craft Fair, which is a honey seller with a few soaps she makes and has scriptures on the labels. The manager told me she could find no other soapmakers. I have been wondering what is happening because I getting comments from managers that they want me and cannot find soap sellers anymore. Of course it still does not guarantee good sales. I asked my hubby to pull out his golf art and take it, since they are much higher price points.

Sadly with the parents I cannot do more, in fact I had to turn down 3 free craft fairs for next month. I could make it but my husband cannot. Since I am gone 3 weeks every other month he became bored and found a little job.

I really really hope this market goes well, because for 3 months now we have had to take care of my daughter and her family. I am so tired of her husband being out of work. Sadly I think he likes it
th (7).jpg

That’s awesome Carolyn, I hope you do fantastic. Your son in law sounds like my sisters husband. And you’re right I think they do like it. But, they forget someone needs to help support a family. Big hugs to you that some things get better.

Carolyn, do you have any photos of hubby's golf lamps, would love to see ?

Congratulations on your sales! Do your daughter or son-in-law help out when you do shows? If not, maybe they could help set up/tear down or work the table and give you a little more free time with your hubby?

Congratulations on your sales! Do your daughter or son-in-law help out when you do shows? If not, maybe they could help set up/tear down or work the table and give you a little more free time with your hubby?
Nope they do not help. Fortunately I leave everything for the 2 weeks. We are so used to it setting up and breaking down we prefer to just do it ourselves. Bad thing today is, I left my cash box and phone at my booth, so I am really glad I am in one of the buildings and it is under a cover. For some reason today I just was not tracking well and I am not liking that.

I will post pics tomorrow of some of the hubby's lamps

Nope they do not help. Fortunately I leave everything for the 2 weeks. We are so used to it setting up and breaking down we prefer to just do it ourselves. Bad thing today is, I left my cash box and phone at my booth, so I am really glad I am in one of the buildings and it is under a cover. For some reason today I just was not tracking well and I am not liking that.

I will post pics tomorrow of some of the hubby's lamps
Wishing you luck with the items you left behind. I am also looking forward to see the Golf art. :)

Update, the manager once again told me stories, I was Not the only soap seller. When I mentioned it, her comment was, "they are no competition for you," which may be true but still... I understand she has to fill spaces but it also makes it hard for the other sellers. We sold a lot of soap, 50 bars of DB, and I actually sold more lotions than usual and the hubby sold some of his golf art so he was happy.

I did have a very successful fair, actually going over my goal. Here are a few pics of his golf. Last year a lady bought the toilet paper holder for her son and she told us it is a big hit.

Side note: I am trusting that no one will try to copy these, hubby really does not allow posting these online... :). He sold out on his lamps, since they are much bigger ticket items it really helped out the sales total
Desklmp.jpg 20150829_115045.jpg coatrck.jpg

Last edited:
Those look great.

I no longer trust what Any market manager says anymore :( which is sad as I was just starting to trust people

Those look great.

I no longer trust what Any market manager says anymore :( which is sad as I was just starting to trust people
It would not have stopped me from attending, since it is my favorite market and I have a large clientele that come twice a year to stock up on soap. This place also runs a fair the weekend before Mother's Day. She did not really lie, the first week there were 2 people selling soap that had a very small amount, it was the second week that a gal had a pretty good selection, but I heard she sold very little. Bummer for her, good for me

@cmzaha I think the fad is dying out. I've talked to a few bath bomb makers the last few weeks and they said their sales have been really slow as well. I had my bubble scoops on sale 35% off over the weekend and I sold 4 of them. When these are gone, I'm only going to make them for my nieces.

@cmzaha I think the fad is dying out. I've talked to a few bath bomb makers the last few weeks and they said their sales have been really slow as well. I had my bubble scoops on sale 35% off over the weekend and I sold 4 of them. When these are gone, I'm only going to make them for my nieces.
For 1 thing there are to many DIY sites and the younger girls are making their own. I will save mine for my mom and grandkids. I also think people get tired of paying $4-$5 for a bath bomb for 1 bath. I did package mine in the cups, 5 scoops and the little mesh bag with a card inside. They really looked nice and were easy to transport in just a tote bag. I sold them for $8 and will keep the rest before I sell them for any less

Not just DIY sites - daughter and I went shopping the weekend before and Target had a 10 foot section of DIY kits for bath bombs, lip balms, nail polish, lotion... I'm sure it's all craptastic (in fact I know it is, the daughter got a lip balm and lotion kit for her birthday and the lotion made me welt up).

Love the golf art Carolyn, very creative. I think things like BB's and bubble scoops etc are not selling because here you can buy in the cheap $2 shops for around $1, so I'm thinking that people could buy 5 for the price of one, quality aside, they don't care.

Latest posts

Back