Greetings from T-Town Oklahoma!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhaase0217

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I found this forum looking for information on Tussah silk in soaping. Since I am just beginning on this road myself, I thought it in my best interest to join a forum where I can pick the brains of a community of people when something I try goes wrong and my hard work, and money, goes in the garbage can.

A little about me...I am retired, nearly 60 and have always liked working with essential oils and herbs in my homemade incense. I bought a "coffee table" book years ago of M&P soap making by Marie Browning and was intrigued.

Recently I started looking at videos of soap making. I started with Soaping101 and Soap Queen TV. I watched them all. I watched every video I could find on swirling techniques, pouring techniques for layering, and embedding techniques.

I scoured the internet for suppliers and found quite a few. I scoured the internet for recipes and found some that I think will be suitable for my first CP attempt.

Now I find you good people.

HELLO!

Thanks! It made me laugh. I occasionally change the sig line quote and just the other day I was thinking of changing it again. I just haven't decided on what I want to use next. :think:

Welcome! Lots of experienced soapers and newbies (like myself) here. Good luck on your first cp batch. Start out small, make some basic soaps for your first couple of batches to get some experience and enjoy!!! Sounds like you'll end up addicted to soaping like the rest of us :)

Hello, and welcome to the forum! It sounds like you've been busy. :) Have you also had the chance to check out some type of "calculator" like the one at SoapCalc: http://www.soapcalc.net/calc/SoapCalcWP.asp ? It's always a good idea to run any recipe you may find through one...just to make sure. ;-)

Back