GoodReads

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knew.......I will definitely be checking out this site. I love to read a wide range of books. Unfortunately, far to often the book reviews are better then the book.

Nice! there's a similar app on FB where you can list what you're reading/read, review and rate them.

If you haven't read 'Water for Elephants' yet, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's the only book I've finished and started again right away.
It wasn't 'high literature' but it was awesome storytelling.
The movie is OK, but as usual, not as good as the book.

Im still waiting for Water for Elephants to queue up at the library. I just finished The Help last night. Loved it!

Now I'm revisiting Pride & Prejudice.

I have read "Water for Elephants" twice. Good book.

I also enjoyed: The Invisible Wall and The Land Remembers.

I'm enjoying Hunger Games on audiobook.

I like to read historicals and classics page by wonderful page, but an audio is a great way to listen to new books. Especially when they have exceptional narrators.

I have a Good Reads account, but I just never remember to update it. :?

I'm reading Water For Elephants now. I did read the Hunger Games trilogy recently and really loved it. I could not put it down. I did find the last book a bit disappointing, but loved the first two so much.

I have The Help on my e-reader. Might read that one soon.

Im definitely obsessed with reading, have never heard of that site though!

Right now I am a quarter of the way through Clive Cusslers series of books (excellent adventure books)

Just finished Rich Dad, Poor Dad.. better than I expected it to be...

and currently also reading Peter Lynch; Beating the street (about investing)

Next up

The Intelligent Investor, Benjamin Graham

Just finished The Hunger Games, great book! Can't wait for the next, but now I have a disappointing end to look forward to? Boo to bad endings.

PrairieCraft said:
Just finished The Hunger Games, great book! Can't wait for the next, but now I have a disappointing end to look forward to? Boo to bad endings.

It's not so much that the ending was bad as I just felt the book didn't interest me as much as the first two. It moves a bit slower, if that makes sense.

I think I"m just going to have to buy a copy of Water for Elephants for vacation. I'll never get it in time from my library. Will also have to check out the Hunger Games trilogy. Thanks for the suggestions!

kelleyaynn said:
I think I"m just going to have to buy a copy of Water for Elephants for vacation. I'll never get it in time from my library. Will also have to check out the Hunger Games trilogy. Thanks for the suggestions!
it might worth u to buy.

NancyRogers said:
PrairieCraft said:

It's not so much that the ending was bad as I just felt the book didn't interest me as much as the first two. It moves a bit slower, if that makes sense.

I agree- the ending wasn't bad, but I know it wasn't what a lot of people were hoping for. I thought it was OK, but compared to the rest of the series (which was fantastic), the ending was a bit of a letdown.

I'm a brand new newbie here, and I'm so glad I stumbled across this post! I love Goodreads- if you're interested, here's my profile:

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4307745-jessica

I really enjoyed the Hunger Games. Less sophisticated but also enjoyable, esp if you read with your kids, was S Collins' other series Gregor the Overlander.

Someone recently recommended "Cutting for Stone" but I haven't read it myself yet. Same with "White Tiger".

Intelligent Investor... classic investing read. Ben Graham was quite the investor.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake was enjoyable but strange. Quick read as well.

Love recommendations!

Back