Using up Avocado butter - BB Body Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today started with a funny-not-funny. It’s Presidents Day holiday in the US, so it’s a day off for most people. Well, my alarm goes off at 530a, and out of bed I tumble. Take the dogs potty and get ready for a shower when retired DH says “honey, what are you doing?”, my reply was getting ready for work (sassy me thinking Duh LOL) - and then comes the reminder that I have the day off. Sigh…. 😱😂😱

Now for my bath and body project. I’ve had this pound of avocado butter that I bought from BB before I learned that it’s not something I’ll be using going forward. In the spirit of what I believe is from Mr & Mrs @Zing - use what you’ve got in the cupboard idea, I needed to figure out what to do with it, because I didn’t want to let it go to waste. I found this recipe on BB and gave it a go. I piped it all cute into sterilized small mason jars, and forgot to take a pic so forgive my reopened jar to give you an idea of the end result. I swapped the scent and used Sandalwood Vanilla. Using the excess left on the beaters and piping bag rubbed in, my skin feels very nice and the product feels very silky.

The recipe calls for 14oz of avocado butter, but I wanted to use the full pound, so I used the calculators at WSP to help me convert to %, and then adjusted all the amounts accordingly.

https://www.brambleberry.com/articl...68.html#q=Avocado+butter&lang=default&start=1

IMG_5121.jpeg

Today started with a funny-not-funny. It’s Presidents Day holiday in the US, so it’s a day off for most people. Well, my alarm goes off at 530a, and out of bed I tumble. Take the dogs potty and get ready for a shower when retired DH says “honey, what are you doing?”, my reply was getting ready for work (sassy me thinking Duh LOL) - and then comes the reminder that I have the day off. Sigh…. 😱😂😱

Now for my bath and body project. I’ve had this pound of avocado butter that I bought from BB before I learned that it’s not something I’ll be using going forward. In the spirit of what I believe is from Mr & Mrs @Zing - use what you’ve got in the cupboard idea, I needed to figure out what to do with it, because I didn’t want to let it go to waste. I found this recipe on BB and gave it a go. I piped it all cute into sterilized small mason jars, and forgot to take a pic so forgive my reopened jar to give you an idea of the end result. I swapped the scent and used Sandalwood Vanilla. Using the excess left on the beaters and piping bag rubbed in, my skin feels very nice and the product feels very silky.

The recipe calls for 14oz of avocado butter, but I wanted to use the full pound, so I used the calculators at WSP to help me convert to %, and then adjusted all the amounts accordingly.

https://www.brambleberry.com/articles-and-projects/projects/body-care/lotion-and-butters/cocoa-cashmere-body-butter-project/PS000368.html#q=Avocado+butter&lang=default&start=1

View attachment 76548
Yes! Another Operation Empty Cupboard convert!

Latest posts

Back