Fresh vs Evap Goat Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri Collins

Reaction score
Hello everyone: I was getting ready to make a new batch of soap & was just wondering now that I have both fresh & evap goats milk...is there a difference in the consistency between the two in a recipe that calls for one or the other...? In other words...can I sub-statue fresh for evap or vise-versa...:) Thanks!!!!

Teri, I did a search the other day and found quite a few posts. It seems that there are a handful of ways to add milk to your soap recipe. Differing opinions about freezing the milk, making lye with it in an ice bath and slowly adding NaOH, what part of the process it should be added to, etc. The overwhelming opinion I felt was that it's easier to use the evaporated and add it to the oils like lsg is saying. Apparently not much difference in the end product. I'm going to have to try a goat milk soap soon!

Perhaps a fun project would be to make it a few different ways and test the end results and decide what you like best!

Back