Powder Goat Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nd32479

Reaction score
I've read and seen people make goats milk from powered.. Package instruction call for a 1 tablespoon to 2 oz water to make the goat milk. Most then freeze into cubes to prevent scorching when creating lye solution.

I have seen some use another method of using 1/2 the water for a lye solution and using the other 1/2 of water to make goats milk per instructions at 1 tablespoon per ounce. They add the goats milk directly to the oil, then add the lye solution which should prevent scorching. However, this method only adds half the goat milk fat as the frozen cube method. My thoughts are why not simply double up on the powder to create a supersaturated goat milk that is added to the oils.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried using a supersaturated goat milk mixture in this way? I am new and yet to make a single batch. But during research my mind wanders and wonders. :) I appreciate learning from other during my time of research. BTW...I ordered my supplies and they all hopefully will be here by this weekend. I plan to use a straight forward batch with just water. But I quickly would like to move to using goats milk.

Here's an interesting method of adding milk by George of Dawn Organics in Australia. He makes super concentrated cubes by mixing powdered milk with fresh and then freezing in ice cube trays. He says it works with pretty much any kind of milk that is available as both fresh and powdered. I haven't tried it yet but it seems like a great idea! He adds a cube or 2 to the hard oils before melting.

The first half of this video is about making the fresh milk + milk powder cubes:

This video is about using quick oats to make concentrated oat milk cubes (the process description begins about 4 minutes in), but it's a little more work because the "milk" has to be strained:

Latest posts

Back