FO question - Yuzu after cure

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marchroses

Reaction score
I have been really loving all the FO's and EO's I've tried. I guess I'm easy to please lol.

My Yuzu from Brambleberry was wonderful at first. Now, about 3 months later the remaining bars have developed a kind of underlying 'chemically' smell. I always use 1 ounce PPO. I'm thinking this was too much for this FO and possibly too much led to the chemical smell? Would reducing the amount of Yuzu PPO help remedy something like this? Anyone have this happen before? I'm still a newbie but have 40-50 batches under my belt and this is a new issue for me. I still have a lot of Yuzu left and would love to know any experience that might help me troubleshoot.

I can't answer your question but what I CAN tell you is that BB is very responsive to their customers. If you contact them and/or post a question on the teachsoap forum (which is managed by BB) you will most definitely get a response. If they don't know the answer I have known them to make test batches just to get an answer.

I have only used another Yuzu, not BB's, but it is very strong. Did you check reviews of your FO on the Scent Review Board? I don't know that it's been reviewed but I'd start there.

1 oz pp isnt too much, i do it all the time. I used lard and it had a weird smell to it, but not chemical.

thanks, I did register at the BB board and it looks very helpful. I still have about 6 ounces of Yuzu left and want to see what I can try a little different.

No lard in mine...olive, coconut, palm kernal, palm, shea, castor.... Hasn't happened with any other scents...

Latest posts

Back