Brambleberry FO labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello soapers!
I took quite a break from soap making except for an occasional batch here and there.
Today I was looking through my FOs and was so disappointed to see that many of the Brambleberry labels are faded so much that I can no longer tell what the fragrance is!
I guess I will have some lightly scented mystery soaps for a while.
These bottles are a few years old but still if I would have known that would happen I would have protected the label or made my own. They were stored in a dark place.
Just thought I would pass that on so maybe someone else can avoid this .
I wish my nose was a little better at figuring what these are but I still love most of their fo so I will just wing it until they are gone. :)

I've had this happen many times with BB FOs. Not so much for age, yet, but pouring oil from the bottle and wiping away tiny drips, it completely dissolves the printing on the label. I usually can sniff out which is which, and it helps that I keep good batch records, so I can do process of elimination, but I do have a couple of "mystery" bottles still hanging around.

Now I put a piece of painters tape on top of the bottle and give it a mark with a sharpie, so I have a chance of IDing it in the future.

I've had this happen many times with BB FOs. Not so much for age, yet, but pouring oil from the bottle and wiping away tiny drips, it completely dissolves the printing on the label. I usually can sniff out which is which, and it helps that I keep good batch records, so I can do process of elimination, but I do have a couple of "mystery" bottles still hanging around.

Now I put a piece of painters tape on top of the bottle and give it a mark with a sharpie, so I have a chance of IDing it in the future.
I will definitely do that going forward.

This happens to all my brambleberry FO's. I rarely buy from them so it isn't the worst thing and I generally know which one is which. I think they print them with a heat label printer. Personally, I think that makes the label fade faster which is why I don't use one. I suggest sticking some masking tape on the label when you get it and write the relevant info on it. Brambleberry knows this happens so I don't know why it hasn't been dealt with.

This happens to all my brambleberry FO's. I rarely buy from them so it isn't the worst thing and I generally know which one is which. I think they print them with a heat label printer. Personally, I think that makes the label fade faster which is why I don't use one. I suggest sticking some masking tape on the label when you get it and write the relevant info on it. Brambleberry knows this happens so I don't know why it hasn't been dealt with.
It is kind of discouraging that BB would be aware of this issue but not fix it.
I have many little bottles like this. For personal use but still.

They aren't the only one; I have problems with WSP as well. Sad to say the first thing I do with new fragrances is to put a piece of masking tape around the bottle and write the name, weight, purchase date, IFRA in permanent marker. I sometimes wonder if supplier's saw how amateur their products look after my addition whether they would wake up to what was needed. Maybe every photo a soaper takes that includes the bottle needs the addition.

Worse, way back before 2010 I had no problems with BB labels; but then they weren't the disappearing ink. I suspect those labels were more expensive.

They rebranded a few years ago. The new labels are more attractive but beauty is only skin deep it seems 😂
Yes. I have some older ones and I can read them just fine.
I liked the new labels at first because there was more info on them.
But now there is less because faded. I just can't imagine not fixing that.

Yes! There labels are terrible for the way the text just disappears as soon as oil hits it. It’s not just the FO. I have 1 pound plastic bottles from them where the labels will smear as soon as the oil hits them!

There is one where I’m 99% is castor oil based on where I found it, but it could really be any viscous oil for all I could tell from the black smeared label!

Latest posts

Back