Flour sifter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a little gadget to make my Mica lines it looks like a tiny strainer with a button on the handle that makes a metal line go back and forth to sprinkle the Mica. I can't find one anywhere in the store or online I see people using them to make Mica lines on YouTube. Does anyone know what it's called I have typed in mini colanders, flour sifter, and sugar dusting wand and nothing shows up but strainers and large flower sifters. If anyone knows what it is called or where I could get one I would be really happy.

Did you see the one you want on a video or Instagram post? I've mostly seen soap makers using regular tea strainers or sugar/flour dusters, and don't recognize a "metal line going back and forth." Was it larger than a tea strainer, or maybe battery powered?

I use a duster that someone identified on Facebook a few years ago, similar to this one on Amazon (the exact ones I bought aren't available anymore). I like it because half the ball is solid, so you can set the duster down without wasting mica or whatever powder you're dusting. Sounds like you've already been through a dusting wand search so sorry this doesn't help. 🍀 Good luck, and please post if you find what you're looking for, because I'm intrigued to see something like that!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PF14ZN...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
[edited because of spelling and clarity]

Did you see the one you want on a video or Instagram post? I've mostly seen soap makers using regular tea strainers or sugar/flour dusters, and don't recognize a "metal line going back and forth." Was it larger than a tea strainer, or maybe battery powered?

I use a duster that someone identified on Facebook a few years ago, similar to this one on Amazon (the exact ones I bought aren't available anymore). I like it because half the ball is solid, so you can set the duster down without wasting mica or whatever powder you're dusting. Sounds like you've already been through a dusting wand search so sorry this doesn't help. 🍀 Good luck, and please post if you find what you're looking for, because I'm intrigued to see something like that!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PF14ZN...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
[edited because of spelling and clarity]
I'm going to try finding the you tube videos again to see if I can leave a comment to ask them where they got it hopefully they answer back. I've seen a ice cream scooper that was similar. But I might try a sugar duster if that's what soap makers use I wasn't sure if the holes where big enough thank you so much for the info.😀

Oh cool — is it like the Fairy Dusters they sell at Mad Micas? If so, I'm sure it will work great for you. I have one from MM, and also a couple from elsewhere and they are perfect for making a very nice, thin, even layer. It is harder work, though and takes me longer than shaking a duster — my tool choice is affected by my old arthritic hands! 😵‍💫

Oh cool — is it like the Fairy Dusters they sell at Mad Micas? If so, I'm sure it will work great for you. I have one from MM, and also a couple from elsewhere and they are perfect for making a very nice, thin, even layer. It is harder work, though and takes me longer than shaking a duster — my tool choice is affected by my old arthritic hands! 😵‍💫
I'm not sure what a fairy duster looks like but it's a little bottle with a spout or nozzle where it sprays out. They sell them at Candora soap supplier in Canada that's where I'm from lol😄. Thanks for the advice I'm excited to try one now 🥰

Like this on from BB, @CLMP ? I have it for glitter on top, but maybe I’ll get another for mica lines. The tea strainer I have isn’t fine enough for my liking….
https://www.brambleberry.com/shop-b...r-sprayer/V000779.html#q=Spray&start=25&sz=12
This is like the one I found at Candora I can't wait to try it unfortunately it won't get here in time for this month's challenge because I plan to make my soap on Sunday or Monday but I will be excited to use it when it gets here.

Latest posts

Back