finally posting...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new12soap

Reaction score
Hello, all :) I have learned so much from this wonderful site, finally decided to sign up and join in! I am very new to soapmaking, and I tend to get interested in something for a while then drift away to something else, but the things I enjoy sooner or later I come back to. And now I am back to soap. Even if I didn't enjoy it, I have no choice, the friends I have given soap to are demanding more.

I have only made crock pot hot process soap (after finding an excellent book at the library); I do not have the patience to make something then have to wait 4-6 weeks to try it. I love the artistry displayed by so many of you, your soaps are beautiful, but for me I am less artistic when it comes to soap and more practical. I love being able to control the ingredients, and after using REAL soap I have no interest in using commercial, petroleum-based detergents on my skin ever again.

So thanks to all of you for the wealth of information you have already provided.

Welcome to the forum!

I cure my HP at least 4 weeks. It allows for excess water to evaporate and helps the bar last longer. Plus the soap is better after the curing process because the soap becomes milder and (I've found) the lather improves than if I use it sooner.

thank you for the welcome, and I agree

usually letting my soaps cure for a time does improve them, I just like knowing I don't HAVE to wait :)

Latest posts

Back