Fantasy Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumabrew

Reaction score
Ok, so I got you to open this thread now get your thoughts pure. Its not that type of fantasy. LOL

I am asking people to help me with FO/EO and soap ingredients for a line of soap I want to make. I want to make soaps based on fantasy, sci-fi, dungeons and dragons, video games, etc.

I was thinking of enchanted forests, dragons, space/sci-fi, etc. But there are not really a lot of FO that I have found that are aimed at this genre.

Any ideas would be appreciated

I think with a name and color scheme, any fragrance could work, especially one that is not instantly identifiable. Meaning that your vanilla scented soap is going to evoke vanilla, no matter what.

Dragon's blood is an obvious one!
Dungeon Crawl - something earthy and/or smoky -maybe Dirt FO blended with something?
Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum - use colored micas.
Dwarven Ale or maybe Local Tavern - lots of beer scents.

I'd say for the dragon oriented one, dragon's blood is a definite must. Maybe some other spicy sort of scent (which means you'll have LOTS of fun with acceleration, and maybe overheating... fire breathing, right?).

Space/sci-fi brings to mind clean scents with a hint of disinfectant. Lavender, maybe with a touch of camphor or eucalyptus. Cool, almost clinical sorts of scents (you gotta be a serious neat freak in a space ship).

Enchanted forest is easy. Earthy, evergreen, with some grassy notes and floral notes.

I'd love to see a 'dragon's hoard' soap, gold rounds with hints of jewel tones (maybe jewel embeds?) and scented with something musky and smoky.

And yes, your thread WAS exactly the type of fantasy that immediately sprang to MY mind. :)

With the number of gamers and movie buffs on this forum, I reckon you are going to get a lot of suggestions!

My take would be to go the woody/herbal/slightly floral angle, to emulate the forest setting for the D&D side.

How about peppermint/eucalyptus/menthol for the cold of space and steel

You guys have great ideas.

I found a small skull ice mold, makes 1 1/2 inch "ice cubes" shaped like a skull. I was thinking of making them as embeds and then inserting into clear M&P soup. Can I use CP soap as the embeds into clear M&P?

For a pirate soap, would a sea/ocean FO be bhetter or should I use a rum and tobacco scent?

I make "Electrum" for our gaming group; a delicate gold (electrum is, traditionally, anything from white gold to green to pale yellow to medium yellow, and ranges from around 20% to 80% gold). Usually in simple rounds or ovals to simulate (really large!) coinage.

It's such a unique word to specialty coinage and D&D that it goes over well.

I tend to use a bright lemon scent, but anything that won't discolor would go well.

There's not a lot of fantasy soap out there - at least realistic, well done, usable forms of it. So I think you can really kind of set a standard and make your own definition of what fo/eo goes with what.

Don't forget about the classics like The Legend of Zelda and even a Mario soap!

I really like fantasy products that evoke a certain time, place, etc that is meaningful for fans. Like "Lallybroch" or "Sassenach" soaps for Outlander fans, "Winter is coming" for GOT fans, "Butterbeer" for HP fans, or "Shire Soap" for LOTR fans.

I just saw Sorting Hat bathbombs on Etsy. I think the tub turns the color of your chosen house, which would be so cool to have as a kid! I think you could probably do something similar with soap, like a hidden embed.

Kind of want to buy all these products now.

I really like fantasy products that evoke a certain time, place, etc that is meaningful for fans. Like "Lallybroch" or "Sassenach" soaps for Outlander fans, "Winter is coming" for GOT fans, "Butterbeer" for HP fans, or "Shire Soap" for LOTR fans.

I just saw Sorting Hat bathbombs on Etsy. I think the tub turns the color of your chosen house, which would be so cool to have as a kid! I think you could probably do something similar with soap, like a hidden embed.

Kind of want to buy all these products now.

Sorting Hat bath-bombs is genius! I agree, I'd totally buy all of these things. I'll need to track down a good Butterbeer FO now!

If you can make a mold from an object, I can set you up with a Game of Thrones style dragon egg in whatever size you want.

Oooh - are you making these? What is the egg made of?

You guys have great ideas.

For a pirate soap, would a sea/ocean FO be bhetter or should I use a rum and tobacco scent?

I would do both. I think a rum and tobacco scent is more piratey, but doesn't have the broad appeal of a sea ocean scent.

Depending your crowd, an Ale & W****s bar could be a seller. :)

Oooh - are you making these? What is the egg made of?

I would do both. I think a rum and tobacco scent is more piratey, but doesn't have the broad appeal of a sea ocean scent.

Depending your crowd, an Ale & W****s bar could be a seller. :)

Ale and Ladies of Negotiable Affection?

I use PLA filament for most of my prints, though I do still have some ABS for specialty jobs (very limited color selection in ABS). As a bonus, the egg is also a container so after you make your mold(s) from it, you can use it to keep stuff in. Just had a thought. Wonder if JoeyG might be able to make molds from the egg? Either develop as a production run, or as a custom order. Might be worth asking him.

I have bought silicone to make molds. I am going to try a small test mold. I am going to use a set of D&D dice and make a mold from them to create soap dice (cant really use for gaming d/t them not being balanced).

Fantasy themed soap should be a monthly contest theme if it has not been done already.

Latest posts

Back