facial soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeRabbit

Reaction score
do you make special facial soaps? if so- what's in them?
I had an idea- high OO %? can it do with 10% SF?
SF oils that are "facial benefitial" like- jojoba, rose- hip etc...
maybe do HP to preserve SF as oil?
does it sound like a good idea?

Yes.
When I make facial bars, I mainly focus on different types of skin, so it goes like this:
-oily skin
-normal to dry skin
-sensitive skin
-very dry or mature skin

I use different combinations of oils and butters, the sf varies in each case, and I use e.o. appropriate for the above types of skin. Another factor I consider is the cleanse value of my bars. I would not have the same cleanse value for oily skin and very dry skin.

Some examples
For the oily skins, I would use more coconut and sf around 5%, when for mature skin I would go up to 10% and use richer fats/oils in my combination, as jojoba, wheat germ oil etc
As for e.o., for dry or mature skin for example, I would use rose, carrot, frankincense, borage. For oily skin I would obviously choose something like tea tree, lavender, geranium, juniper, calendula etc
For sensitive skin I would rather go with the plain castile, or some goat's milk with oats, or chamomile levander combination.

Well, that's the general idea. I hope it helps :)

I don't make facial bars and don't usually put soap near my face. Recently I had a lavender salt bar in my bathroom and decided to try it on my face and it felt amazing. I've been using it once a day (before bed time) for a few weeks now and I believe my skin is benefitting. My salt bar is 100% coconut oil, 70% salt, lavender EO and superfatted at 20%.

facial salt bars are the only thing i use on my face -- anything else, no matter the wonderful ingredients, causes breakouts.

my favorite facial salt bars are:

1. activated charcoal with tea tree and lavender EOs
2. pink himalayan salt with french pink clay, grapefruit and lavender EOs
3. dead sea mud with dark chocolate, a little activated charcoal, clary sage and eucalyptus EOs

thanks everyone I think I will start with mix or combination just gentel... I decided to go with rosehip and rosewood with evening primrose... I hope this will make a mild nice soap... I will do it HP because I want EOs to stay as much as possible... now I have to think if I want it pink and if I do how to do it :)

Dragonkaz said:
I don't make facial bars and don't usually put soap near my face. Recently I had a lavender salt bar in my bathroom and decided to try it on my face and it felt amazing. I've been using it once a day (before bed time) for a few weeks now and I believe my skin is benefitting. My salt bar is 100% coconut oil, 70% salt, lavender EO and superfatted at 20%.

Absolutely! Can't say enough good things about salt bar for the face. Mine is 100% CO with 50% coarse sea salt, 20% superfat and no fragrance. PS: I am over 50 so have thirsty skin. :wink:

Back