Etsy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing and please post back about your opinion of them. I'd especially like to hear about sugar plum. Although if it really smells like plums, I'd probably go insane because I love plums. I'd be craving them all the time. :lol:

I received the FOs today so 3 days to get them. Like I said earlier, she's fast. :lol: She also included a 15 ml sample of Pumpkin Spice which smells amazing! I don't have enough for soap but I can pour out a little wax to test it in when I next make tarts.

White Tea & Ginger - stronger OOB than WSP's version and it's a softer scent. IMO, WSP's has sharp almost chemical scent in the bottle.

Dragon's Blood - This smells wonderful! I don't know what real DB is supposed to smell like but I really like this one. The description says it's a blend of patchouli, cedarwood and orange. I've always disliked patchouli so I thought I wouldn't really care for it. My nephew is the one who likes DB which is why I bought it before from WSP. I do like the scent of WSP's but I'm searching for alternative sites to buy DB.

I'll report back when I get time to use these FOs which may not be until next weekend.

I ended up buying differently :lol:

I soaped Pumpkin Hollow last night. I also got Poison Apple, I may soap that tonight.

I got:
Pink Sugar
Lush Rockstar
Egyptian Musk
Blue Sugar Type
Sugar Plum
Winter Ice
Apple Cider
Blue Musk
Santas Elves
Halloween Haul
Vamp Gaze
Goth Chick

Ultramarine Blue, Violet and Pink, Chromium green, and Titanium oxide

Whoops! :oops: I'm sorry. I did say I'd use the Dragon's Blood in soap and I ended up using it for incense and soy melts. It smells good. I noticed the orange when I smelled it OOB but I don't think it's really noticeable in the melts or at least I didn't notice it. It smells more of cedarwood and patchouli and I think it's more of a masculine scent, IMO. It reminds of a man's cologne but I can't think of which one.

I meant to use a little of the wax to test the Pumpkin Spice and I forgot. To make things worse, I didn't make any soap over the weekend so I can't tell you anything about the White Tea & Ginger.

I'm a bad...bad...bad person. :(

Bad, bad, BAD HAZEL! -goes to look for a spank smiley-
:lol:

I'm glad I didn't go for Dragon's Blood. Not a patchouli kinda girl. And because I hate it everyone else will love it.

My daughter is being a clingy moody monster. So unless I stay up until 2 to soap again it probably wont happen. :cry:

I don't like patchouli, either. However, this is different. It's driving me crazy because I know I've smelled a man's cologne very similar to this scent. I just can't think of what is was called. I may have to go to EB and start sniffing their colognes. Maybe I'll find it.

Maybe your daugher will feel better tomorrow and you can sneakily make a batch.

Jenna (FragranceOil) is awesome. I will order from her regularly. Great communication and very quick. Ordered the 16th and recv'd the 20th. I may send her reviews in my feedback about how the FO's soap. That is the one thing I didn't see.

I ordered from Eyespider on the 13th. I was never acknowledged. I had to email her for any interaction at all. Never got a confirmation number or email. She said she sent it on the 17th. So we'll see. It sucks because she has such great options.

Countrysoapshack is really great as well. Ordered the 13th recv'd the 20th

I got my oils today. I am missing one but I think I am going to call it a wash (teeheehee) and just let it go.

NancyRogers said:
A lot of the FOs listed on her etsy are available at Nature's Garden. If you buy 10 one ounce bottles at NG, they knock off .50 per bottle. This would actually make buying from NG cheaper. I'd trust NG before I'd trust this site.

Honestly thats proly what she is doing - buying them in bulk then reselling to make a little profit. I know lots of people who try this sort of thing to make a few $$s.

I recently bought 6 oils from fragranceoil on etsy, and I was a little disappointed with the potentcy of the scents. The prices are certainly reasonable, but, the pumpkin spice doesnt smell like pumpkin and the lemon smells like lysol :/ I would not purchase from them again for soap making,but maybe for use in a sugar scrub or something.

Hey Hazel!

I did soap Poison Apple but I used Ultramarine violet. It turned out a muddled gray. I will be reordering that scent. Everyone kept asking when the apple pie would be ready

I went back and ordered Mermaid Kisses and Bite Me. Bite Me is friggin FANTASTIC! It's really sweet. Which I am realizing I personally like. I think I am going to go FO crazy again this week. Elements is having a BOGO sale

SchenckOrchard said:
I recently bought 6 oils from fragranceoil on etsy, and I was a little disappointed with the potentcy of the scents. The prices are certainly reasonable, but, the pumpkin spice doesnt smell like pumpkin and the lemon smells like lysol :/ I would not purchase from them again for soap making,but maybe for use in a sugar scrub or something.

Thanks for letting everyone know. I received Pumpkin Spice as a sample and just soaped it today in 6 ounces. I thought it smelled great but I'll have to see how it turns out in a few weeks.

The Pumpkin Spice and the White Tea & Ginger both played nice. (eta: I didn't discount the water.) I would have had plenty of time to use colorants. I did add a little pumpkin powder to the Pumpkin Spice and did an ITP swirl. It may show up if the soap doesn't discolor. I can't really give an opinion of the scents right now because my sense of smell ended up overloaded. I made a large batch and split it. I did the Pumpkin Spice first then used Peak's Love Spell next. I couldn't smell anything after this one. :roll:

Now comes the waiting...

morena_mama -

So Poison Apple smells like apple pie? If it does, I can just use Apple Pie FO and call it Poison Apple. :lol:

HA! Poison Apple smelled VERY much like the Pumpkin Hollow scent OOB. But the Pumpkin since being soaped has really become pumpkiny.

Poison Apple was very much apple pie yesterday. But I do really like Jenna. I got a dram of Winterberry I adore and I will be ordering soon.

Latest posts

Back