Etsy alternatives

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve had an Etsy shop for a couple of years, and have had sporadic sales (74 total). I don’t think too much about it and don’t put the time into it that I should if I wanted to make money. Lots of my in-person customers ask if I have a website, so it gives me a place to send them. But, Etsy’s fees have gone up and I’m not sure it suits me any longer. I don’t have time to do a deep dive into Shopify right now but was thinking of switching platforms. Or setting up a store through Square. I’m not a tech genius, but I’m not an idiot and if (when) I have time I think I could just set up my own website (through Square I mean).
What are your thoughts? Anyone else sick of Etsy?

Not sure if you are aware, but Etsy has a new program that if If you share your Etsy link directly with someone, they don't collect as many fees, (or as high a percentage). I believe I had to sign up or accept it (it has been a while).
Here is more info if you want to read up.

I have a store set up through square (the free version) and it was fairly easy to set up. They collect the credit card processing fees like any other payment processing vendor, but no sales fee above that, they are not a marketplace, but good to send people to.

Latest posts

Back