Don't Cha Just Hate it When.......

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't you just hate it when you try to be a snob about something and then you become what you were being a snob about? I really should have remembered this lesson from years ago - but nooo - not me.... :roll:

I was so proud to be a soapmaker that made "natural" soaps without added scent or colour......and just becauser my Mom wanted a "perfumey" soap I am now becoming addicted to both fragrance adn colour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheesh! Now I have to split my lines into: A) Eau de Natural B) Divine Scents & C) For the Kids plus my Diva on a Dime Gift Packages...... Sheesh where will it end I ask you..... :shock:

Ah well I think I've mentioned before that I am an addict? Well I have now added one more dimension to this addicting addiction...... 8) :? 8) :? 8)

OH NO !!!!!! The worst addict is a FO addict!!!! 8) Well welcome to the club I can't wait until the Fo's come in the mail. I have a package being delivered this Friday !!!!! :shock:

I for one can't seem to stop buying FOs! I have a whole closet full of them! And I am really for clearance FOs...always buy them no matter what they are! *head lowers* I'm addicted!! Which why I'm always broke!

SoapMom said:
I for one can't seem to stop buying FOs!
I understand...........me, too!!! I can't possibly use them all. But I get seduced by the pretty word descriptions and next thing I know, there is a box on my porch full of FOs.

Digit

I think it's a good thing to have all varieties of soap!

A lot of people care about their soaps being "natural", but a lot just like the fun scents and nice feel of handmade soap, and don't even care that there are things like FO's and colourants in them, etc.

I too was "planning" to stick to a certain "type" of soap when I open up shop, but after asking friends and family about the types of soap they like, they all told me something different! Some liked the more natural ones, some liked the really funky coloured, fun scented ones, some liked the clear M&P type.... only 1/3 or so of those people actually cared what was IN the soap. They were more about scent and the appearance of the soap.

So... I'm going to make a little of everything too!

My husband just finished telling me that I "have a problem" when it comes to "smellies" as he put it!

:lol: He's right!

cdwinsby said:
My husband just finished telling me that I "have a problem" when it comes to "smellies" as he put it!

:lol: He's right!

Join the club! I take it to new heights....in addition to my FO addiction....I'm also a member of the Basenotes Community......I'm a total fragrance 'ho. :lol:

I learned a lifetime ago to not get into one of my purists modes - God is listening and she has a sense of humour - and she got me one more time!

It's funny because in my area there are a lot of people who do care about natural and then there are a lot of people who like pretty & pretty smells.....

I do plan on having a couple of Clear Glycerin soaps with "stuff" in it for the kiddies.

Yes my addiction truly has grown.....I decided that when I am introduced at the Chamber lunch this month that I will start out confessing I am a soap addict and then reaslizing that I'm not at a 12 step program....than I will get more serious about who I am and what the business does.....

well think of it this way - you are an altruist because your addiction is helping drive the economy....

so applause and back-patting all around.

Lindy - I can so relate! I started with MP soap using natural additives and EOs, then an FO at my supplier was promoted and I thought "why not? I can use it just for me...." and the rest is history, as they say :lol:

I haven't yet blended FOs with my EOs but the day is coming :wink:

Tanya :)

I started out all natural too, but the first thing every person who picks up a bar of soap does is sniff it. Scents sell. So now I'm addicted to EO & FOs, I thought I still preferred the natural myself, but I recently used a bar of scented in the shower, and wow, is that a nice experience!

On the + side, my house always smells fantastic!

Debby

Thank god I'm not the only one.

I just ordered around $400.00 dollars worth of EO's and FO's, and I really don't think I have enough carrier oils for that much fragrance. I just want, neh, need one of every scent...lol.
Hey if enough people are like us it's not an addiction it's the norm.

Re: Thank god I'm not the only one.

Jeremy said:
I just ordered around $400.00 dollars worth of EO's and FO's, and I really don't think I have enough carrier oils for that much fragrance. I just want, neh, need one of every scent...lol.
Hey if enough people are like us it's not an addiction it's the norm.

Sort of like the black plague and such LOL. :wink:
My soaping philosophy as much as I can, seems to be ,if it's not nailed down and seems like a good idea, try it in soap, :lol:

Lindy said:
Don't you just hate it when you try to be a snob about something and then you become what you were being a snob about?

Yep- I hate when that happens! :lol:

Put me in the catagory of FO- HO's, too. I started out with a nice cabinet that they all would fit into and then some, but all three shelves of my cabinet are completely full, and the excess has now spilled over to 3 extra boxes full in my bedroom closet and 3 other boxes stuffed into into a corner of my curing space! :shock:

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back