Dollar Tree Finds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Dollar Store .. so much great stuff! Just a word of caution .. I bought their measuring cups for mixing my lye water and almost had a terrible disaster when the bottom of the cup started melting. I learned to stir, stir, stir while pouring!! The minute the lye settles on the bottom it's just too hot for the cheaper plastics. Also, my cups don't last long before they start cracking.

I think I want to invest in #2 or higher plastic containers for mixing my lye water. I found some flexible silicone measuring cups but somehow the idea of handling lye in a container that bends just doesn't seem safe to me .. so still hunting.

Yeah I recommend HDPE for anything that will be holding lye solution or raw soap. I use two HDPE liter containers that I got at Home Depot for $1 each to mix my lye solution, and a plain ol' $5 bucket, also from HD, for mixing the soap.

For my lye solution I use an .86 cent water pitcher from walmart, and for small cups I bought a pack of 4 square freezer containers for $1.50-

Latest posts

Back