Dollar Tree Finds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuarinoSoaps

Reaction score
Found these containers, and I figured they would work so well as small loaf molds! Also found some colourful tools! The molds are semi-flexible, so I might try one batch with a liner, one without.

image.jpg

Another view with my hand to get a better idea of the size.

Here's some of the little stuff...

And last picture! A small silicone heart shaped mood for embeds, etc.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's literally the perfect size for say heart toppers, etc. If they had more than one, I would have bought more!

Another view with my hand to get a better idea of the size.

I use a simular size for my experimental soaps. They work well but if you make a softer or slow curing soap it can be frustrating as the soap dries form the outside in and it can seem to take for ever for that last bit in the center to cure enough to release. I think mine are the ziplock brand that was on sale at fred myeres. They have survived surprisingly robust upside down slaps on the counter.

I use those for my colorants to store them. also, just a warning, the plastic measuring cups will degrade over time if putting raw soap in them. I've found they crack in the bottom first. They are still nice, but don't last too long. I love dollar tree. They've had silicone double ended spatulas lately too. I've bought about 10 of them so far.

Ooh, I want that mold!

A word of caution - I picked up what I thought were silicone spatulas and they were actually plastic and quickly degraded (and melted when used to stir scrambled eggs).

Great finds. Today I found cupcake liners, cupcake toppers and a few things for the grandson at the Dollar Tree.

I used similar plastic containers as mold when i 1st started. I reckon you're better off with using a liner. Trust me on this, you don't wanna experience getting the soap out of those w/o a liner.

You can easily line these containers with lightweight trash bags, just cut them to fit the containers with a little left over to go around the edge.

I was going to ask if the spatulas were silicone or plastic, we started with some plastic ones from dollar tree and they were so horrible and such useless crap we tossed them on the first soap batch. We had a couple silicone ones that I use with my body butters and stuff and finally found betty crocker silicone ones at another dollar tree. I love the double end ones.

hey with dollar tree- even if you can get a few uses out of your stuff it is worth it! love those dollar stores- hope I can find some of those little heart molds it would be SO worth it! Thanks! *even if it doesn't last VERY long)

Isn't it lovely when you get a big box full of stuff? Looking forward to seeing your soap when it's cut. Dollar Tree has some great stuff in there...I'm always on the hunt for the perfect thing. If your spatulas disintegrate pls post a photo. A few of us found out the hard way about why silicone is recommended.:thumbup:

And last picture! A small silicone heart shaped mood for embeds, etc.

Which dollar tree did you get it from. I could really use a mold like that for my lotion bars.

And I'm soo excited that you received your shipment. I can't buy any more right now so I'm all giddy that you got all new supplies. :p

I love Dollar Store .. so much great stuff! Just a word of caution .. I bought their measuring cups for mixing my lye water and almost had a terrible disaster when the bottom of the cup started melting. I learned to stir, stir, stir while pouring!! The minute the lye settles on the bottom it's just too hot for the cheaper plastics. Also, my cups don't last long before they start cracking.

I think I want to invest in #2 or higher plastic containers for mixing my lye water. I found some flexible silicone measuring cups but somehow the idea of handling lye in a container that bends just doesn't seem safe to me .. so still hunting.

Latest posts

Back