DIY Mini Immersion Blender using Acrylic Resin or Epoxy?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Tammyfarms yes, I do!
@Kcryss I think it is feasible to 3D print the bell part, if you can get the metal rod portion. Pm for measurements etc, if you want to give it a try. I don’t think a 3D printed rod would last long with the force and movement exerted on it.
I use ABS filament for pull screens that will be in touch with soap batter, it is more heat resistant than PLA. (up to 100 Celsius or 212 Fahrenheit)

How mini are we talking about? I got one that's very similar to this one for lotions and serums up to 200ml, I love it.
I do have one like that, but it seems really weak. Maybe I got a bad one?

@Tammyfarms yes, I do!
@Kcryss I think it is feasible to 3D print the bell part, if you can get the metal rod portion. Pm for measurements etc, if you want to give it a try. I don’t think a 3D printed rod would last long with the force and movement exerted on it.
I use ABS filament for pull screens that will be in touch with soap batter, it is more heat resistant than PLA. (up to 100 Celsius or 212 Fahrenheit)
That's great to hear! Thank you so much!
I'm going to give this a try and see how it does. If it doesn't work, I will definitely send you a ping! :)

I wish I knew how to petition them. Does either site have a mechanism for submitting comments?
There is a place on WSP to request a new product be added to their inventory for sale. That might be the best place to enter something like this. I have used the form to enter a request. Maybe a few more requests from people here would help. ;) https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/newproductideas.aspx

Oh i guess you're looking to make soap with it? then yeah it is too weak for that
No, I don't need it for soap. I need it for small test batches of emulsified lotions/body butters etc. :)

The Etsy seller sent me a discount so I purchased the little “paint” mixer and will report back once received and used.

I’ll also write to WSP!
ETA: here’s what I wrote to WSP, in case anyone wants to copy/edit…
There is a whole group of soapers and makers discussing the need for a mini immersion blender for making lotions and soaps in small batches. This is a product that a lot of people are anxious for and you could fill a need. Ask is for mini size, electric/plug in, and with a small bell (preferably with a burp hole). People are tired of using frothers that add bubbles and don’t really meet our needs, and things with batteries are so unreliable so plug in would be best. Thanks.

Last edited:
The Etsy seller sent me a discount so I purchased the little “paint” mixer and will report back once received and used.
That's great! I ordered the mixer with the drink attachment. I'll let you know how it works.

Here is what I sent to WSP:
A number of people on the soap making forum have been searching for a mini immersion blender for the last couple of years.
Something small enough to do test batches of emulsified lotions, body butters etc. and powerful enough to handle emulsifying thick substances.
We've come up empty.
Is there any chance your influence could potentially drive a manufacturer into creating a mini immersion blender? If not a full product, even just an attachment that would work in a small drill or an electric screwdriver would work.

I love that you added that it needed to be plug-in and that it needed a burp hole for the bell. :)

I used to have the plug in mini immersion blender. The design was such that the mixing part (the rod and end part) was just friction fit into the handle. Eventually it stopped holding the business end and after a lot of attempts to make it stay in I tossed it out of frustration.
I have been looking for a replacement and tried these to use with my cordless drill

https://www.amazon.com/Epoxy-Mixing...4_58NQjBys3TPntwSq1stbJMaexoCkksQAvD_BwE&th=1and now I can’t remember why I didn’t like them! (A little disconcerting that I can’t remember 🤦🏻‍♀️) I’ll try them again and report back.

IMG_8978.jpeg

I used to have the plug in mini immersion blender. The design was such that the mixing part (the rod and end part) was just friction fit into the handle. Eventually it stopped holding the business end and after a lot of attempts to make it stay in I tossed it out of frustration.
I have been looking for a replacement and tried these to use with my cordless drill
:(, sorry this is too late for you. If anyone else is having this problem,try glue. I super glued the dispersing rod to the cone-shaped base and also had to glue the base to the post that comes off the motor. It held for mixing colors this morning. I don't know how long it will hold, but I have plenty of glue.

https://www.amazon.com/Epoxy-Mixing...4_58NQjBys3TPntwSq1stbJMaexoCkksQAvD_BwE&th=1and now I can’t remember why I didn’t like them! (A little disconcerting that I can’t remember 🤦🏻‍♀️) I’ll try them again and report back.

View attachment 76319

I got myself similar attachments that goes on a drill. I got them for very cheap and they worked for me (I tried only once though). I was able to turn a batch of 200g of oil into soap :) It took a bit more time than usual, mainly because I paused a lot, since I didn't want to exhaust my power drill which is quite a weak model, but also because I was trying to recreate a stain stick I like and added clay and water several time during the process.
I should try the attachment with a more traditional recipe and see how I like it.
It was good at not incorporating air bubbles in the batter !
I would recommend a drill that "clamp" the attachment. Mine hold screws thanks to a magnet in it, and that doesn't work with plastic ofc... I was still able to use it because I had to force the attachment in it and it wasn't that easy to remove.

:(, sorry this is too late for you. If anyone else is having this problem,try glue. I super glued the dispersing rod to the cone-shaped base and also had to glue the base to the post that comes off the motor. It held for mixing colors this morning. I don't know how long it will hold, but I have plenty of glue.
Thanks - I did try superglue, it just kept coming off, I was so irritated at the design of it that I couldn’t keep looking at it. Sort of a stupid decision to toss it but I thought I could get a better one. Now I know!

Latest posts

Back