Dark color soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic1963

Reaction score
I am just wondering when you gals do dark color soaps......does the color come off on your washcloth ?

The reason I asked, is because I have got some soap from a friend, who does beautiful swirl CP soap. BUT the color in the swirls does come off on your wash cloth. ( I use a pouf....but, have used it with a wash cloth)

So far my HP soaps have not been dark enough to do that, I try to stop before they get that dark. But I LOVE some of the dark colors that you guys do....

Do your dark soaps bleed on your washcloth ?

I have not made many soaps which were dark other than from the fragrance oil. My peppermint patty soap was colored using cocoa and that one did discolor the washcloth temporarily.

Jude

Some colors do that , some soap with vanilla in with leave a brown color .It washes out , though .

Kitn

I am meaning from the dye.......not the color the soap turns from vanilla.

What I mean is she had really dark color swirls, that made my washrag turn blue.......and had blue lather. Or Red Lather, or whatever color the swirls were.

REALLY dark mica color will slightly color wash cloths, but when you rub
yourself, it all disappears. The bath water may be a slight tinge of the
color, but that's also harmless.

The color "coming off" usually isn't a problem.
If the color STAINED, that would be a problem!
Even that very dark "blood soap" I made does not stain.

Ok , thanks.......I was just wondering.

I love your Blood soap by the way....Its awesome ! :)

Vic1963 said:
I am meaning from the dye.......not the color the soap turns from vanilla.

What I mean is she had really dark color swirls, that made my washrag turn blue.......and had blue lather. Or Red Lather, or whatever color the swirls were.

I have had that happen with mica's and liquid color , if I used to much . It is hard to tell where the line is if you kwim . It washes out though .

Kitn

Latest posts

Back